41.

After thinking about it, meeting Aston's family tonight is no different from him coming to Essex, well he'd at least planned to come with me. Slightly nervous I sat in front of my dressing table after a second shower blow-drying my hair, I'm thinking about wearing my deep purple dress but with a couple of hours till we're due to leave I will no doubt change my mind. It happens every time. Dry, I brushed my hair down one shoulder and flicked on my straighteners to heat whilst I checked on Aston, he's supposed to be making me a cup of tea.

"I was just about to bring this to you," he smiled.

"Never mind, thank you."

"Are you any good at wrapping babe?" he asked.

"I'm not bad."

"I'm terrible, and Courtney's dress is still in its carrier bag."

"I think I've got a gift bag you can use, It wasn't big enough for Chloe in the end."

"I'll go and get it now."

Setting my drink back down in my bedroom I searched my wardrobe for this bag, pink and as good as new it should do the job perfectly. Not only does it look better, it saves so much time.

"This should be the right size," I said on his return.

"Yeah that's great, I'll stick this on too," he said pulling out a bow and a card from a Tesco bag. "The bow came with the wrapping paper."

"Write in your card, I'll do this."

"Cheers babe."

"Does everyone know I'm coming tonight?" I asked.

"I told them I'd bring along a friend, but I didn't mention anyone specific, why?"

"I just wondered."

"You're not worried are you?"

"No," I mumbled, a white lie.

"There's no need to be," he smiled. "I wouldn't ask you to come if I thought you would feel out of place."

"I just feel like I'm intruding."

"There's going to be people there who I don't even know."

Sticking the silver bow on the corner of the bag I sealed the playsuit we brought in Essex inside with some sellotape.

"Done," Aston said scribbling Courtney's name on the front of the envelope. "I didn't put your name in, that would be weird."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Can I get back to doing my hair now?"

"Yeah, thanks for that. I'm gonna get a shower."

"Okay."

Returning to my mirror I spritzed my hair with some heat protection and sectioned it in clips ready to be curled. Each piece falling beautifully I ran my fingers through the result and fixed it with some hairspray. Moisturiser and foundation on I rummaged through my bag full of eyeshadow in every colour imaginable, knowing just the look I'm going for I made a start before Aston could disturb me again.

Sipping my luke warm tea beside me I only wished it was a glass of red to give me some dutch courage, I keep thinking about how well I get on with Aston and how his family will most probably be no different, but there's nerves and doubts about the questions I might get asked that take over.

Just about ready I stood by my wardrobe comparing two outfits, a purple dress and a two piece. The purple one finishing at the knee with lace sleeves and the two piece being black, a strap top and a gold-embroidered skirt giving a sparkle effect It's a difficult decision.

"The black one," Aston said from behind.

Spinning around with the two in my hand he stood at the door ready twenty minutes early. I'm still standing in my pyjamas.

"How long have you been there?" I jumped.

"Only just," he chuckled. "I guessed you would be having an outfit dilemma, so I thought I'd come to help."

"Why did you say the black one?"

"I done ip, dip, doo," he shrugged.

Frowning he's lucky there's no another cushion in arms reach.

"I'm kidding, I just think you will look good in that one."

"Okay."

Quickly getting changed I took my black shoes from the wardrobe with a matching clutch and finished with some jimmy choo perfume. Finally ready to go at half past five.

Aston's parents house a fifteen minute drive away I sat in the passengers seat checking my phone after feeling it vibrate in my bag. It's Charlie, again. I didn't ask him to ring me, I was happy to take his word about sorting things, well technically I couldn't get off the phone quick enough, but it's not like he wasn't bothered about contact before this week.

"Charlie's text," I sighed.

"That's a bit delayed isn't it?"

"Hmm, considering he needs to speak to me."

"It can't be that important."

Putting my phone back I adjusted the volume on the radio for the rest of the journey.

His house situated on its own set back behind some hedges we drove down the drive and parked alongside a black mini.

"I don't think everyone is here yet," Aston said.

"Exactly how big is your family?"

"Not that big," he giggled. "If I don't look after you Mum certainly will."

Smiling I hopped out of his car and followed him to the front door, the outside light leading the way.

"Hello?" Aston called peeping inside.

"Is that you Aston? come in," a female voice spoke.

"It's me."

Shutting the door we wandered through to the lounge covered in pink balloons, plenty of alcohol and party nibbles already on the table.

"Hiya love," a brunette, more mature woman spoke.

"Hello Mum," he said giving her a hug. "Happy birthday you," he smiled obviously moving on to Courtney, another pretty brunette.

"Thank you," she beamed.

"This is Kayleigh," he said pulling me closer with his hand on my lower back.

"Hey."

"Hello darling, it's lovely to meet you, don't be nervous. I'm Siobhan," his Mum spoke.

"It's nice to meet you too."

Swiftly introduced to Courtney, his brother Conor and dad Steve I sat down with a drink in my hand getting to know everyone a bit more before anyone else arrived. After just twenty minutes of being in the household it's clear to see that every member of this family has a similar personality. Courtney, young, single and ready to face the world, Steve simply an older version of Aston and Siobhan, well she really is the most caring woman, making me feel comfortable despite knowing nothing about mine and Aston's friendship.

I think I might enjoy tonight after all.

~♥️~

Thank you for all your votes, I hit over 400! So, let's say 500? :)