58.

I didn't have much hope when Aston said about visiting the hospital because so much these days is private and confidential, but it seems after just a few questions we have all the information we need. If there's no record of Charlie on the system then there's obviously no heart problems, the last appointment must have been a chat with Dr. Melborn just to trick me. I can't believe how well Charlie's playing this game.

Leaving the hospital feeling satisfied myself and Aston made our way back to the car to head home.

"I know we have proof, but what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well I doubt Charlie will find an excuse this time so I suppose we can confront him straight away," he shrugged.

"Straight away?"

"As soon as," he nodded.

"He's been drinking with Dave, I can't tonight."

"Only a couple of cans though."

"No, let me wait until he's sober please," I pleaded.

"Alright, I'm not making you do anything babe."

"It will be easier," I smiled.

"Are you scared of him?" he asked.

"No, not scared."

"What then?"

"I'm just a bit wary now that's all, Charlie's done some bad things but he really surprised me the other night."

"Hmm, he surprised me in a way."

Standing by my car to unlock it I suddenly felt my phone vibrate at the bottom of my bag, I have an incoming call from Charlie.

"I'll meet you at home Aston, I've got some mince in the fridge we can have spaghetti bolognese."

"Alright hun, see you there."

Jumping into my car I reached in my bag and answered the call.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Hello, I'm just ringing to let you know I'm staying out," Charlie said with slurred words.

"Are you not coming home?"

"Nah I'll probably stay with Dave, we're going into town."

"Right okay," I said.

"Is there a problem?"

"No, I'm just thinking of your heart," I lied.

"Oh, it's fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

And with that he hung up, the sound of laughter from the lads in the background echoing down the phone.

Starting the engine I sped out of the car park hoping to miss the late afternoon traffic, I've been stuck in that too many times. The flat in complete darkness from the outside I parked up again and fumbled at the door trying to let myself in.

"Do you need a hand?" Aston asked from behind wrapping one arm around my waist as the other hand turned the key in the lock.

"Thank you," I giggled.

Running ahead of me up the stairs to our front door he took the keys and lead me inside.

"Steady, are you that hungry?" I asked.

"Something like that," he smirked.

Dropping my bag on the couch I wandered over to the kitchen to make a start on dinner, frying the mince and getting the spaghetti from the cupboard ready.