19.

Men are so typical to get ready at the last-minute, they're convinced it's just a case of slipping on some clothes, but when there's just one shower and one hairdryer in the house it's certainly not. Yes, Aston's borrowing my hairdryer, I did say it's grown long.

Running my fingers through my freshly curled hair I arranged the ringlets so they droop down my shoulders perfectly, a burst of hair spray and make up complete for the last half an hour, for me it really is a case of getting dressed now. Flicking through my wardrobe my mind has already changed once this evening, instead of pink I'm sticking to black, a little revealing neck line and a skater style flare this dress is one of my favourites.

"Looking good babe," Aston grinned standing in the doorway.

"How long have you been there?"

"Only just, I think I missed the underwear shot."

"Well to keep you keen until later, they're black and lacy."

His grin then grew even wider.

"Taxi's due any minute."

"I'm done," I said whilst applying some red lipstick and flowerbomb perfume.

Picking up my bag I followed him into the living room giving the house a once over before we left, my dining table now free of those horrible flowers I've forgotten all about my so-called present, Charlie really is unbelievable. Stepping out of the taxi with a little help from Aston we paid the fee and made our way inside the restaurant just across the road, from outside it looks amazing and with the lovely atmosphere greeting you at the door there's no doubt that Astons pushing the boat out tonight.

"Merrygold," he nodded to the waiter waiting to show us to our table.

"This way Sir."

"Aston, you really shouldn't have. This place is huge," I gasped.

"Stop worrying and enjoy yourself, doing this now and again doesn't break anyone's bank. Besides, you deserve it."

I smiled following him closely as we're lead to a table for two just to the right of the room, it seems to be the perfect spot, very discrete and quiet with a simple candle between us. Sitting down opposite each other Aston ordered one of their best bottle of white wine they have to offer, despite being a wine lover I can never really choose from a list.

"Excuse the candle, I did try to explain that we're just friends."

"I was expecting it in a place like this.'

"Do you mind? I can.."

"No, of course I don't," I chuckled. "Little things like that don't make a relationship, I should know.'

He nodded knowing my point exactly.

Two glasses of wine poured in front of us we took the menu's from the same waiter, reading through the most delicious sounding meals as we're left alone again. I've always said I'm not one for fancy meals out and expensive surroundings, but I've spent the last two weeks at home with Aston pigging out on take aways and watching movies on the couch, tonight is the treat night. Charlie tends to do it the other way around however, nights in are once in a blue moon. Both our of choices now ordered we sat back and simply enjoyed each others company.

"I thought you said you were wearing that black tight, longish dress?" Aston asked.

"I thought you said I look good in this?"

"No, you do, you really do," he insisted. "I meant, well you said.."

"I'm kidding," I teased. "I lent Chloe my bodycon Friday."