55.

In just a matter of hours Aston kicked more sense into me than he has all week. I can't quite understand how he has come up with this story so easily but the more I think about it the more believable it sounds. I now realise how naïve I have been, but I think the only reason I was oblivious to Charlie's lies and actions is because I wanted things to be true, I wanted to believe he has changed. Deep down I know he hasn't.

Spending the rest of the as I usually would Aston has also convinced me to tell Charlie about the phone call I received from Jamie, I'd rather let him find the P45 in the post and wait until I have solid proof before questioning and accusing but never the less I've agreed to his plan.

"I finish work around seven tomorrow so it will give you a couple of hours to talk, you know what you've got to say right?" Aston asked sitting with me on the couch Thursday afternoon.

"You do still have a job then," I replied.

"Of course I do."

"Well the last I knew you were on the verge of being sacked."

"I knuckled down didn't I? It got me out of the house."

"And your boss is now happy, as simple as that?"

"No he called me into the office but we've sorted some things out and I've swapped roles. It's a bit more bearable now."

"Oh good," I smiled.

"So, you know what to say?" he continued.

"Yeah, I'll take things easy so there's no argument."

"If he gets angry just agree with him."

I nodded. "But what is this going to achieve?"

"If you make him angry you won't get anymore out of him. Besides, I don't trust his temper."

"Alright then."

Aston has been and intends to stay determined, every day he will have a new idea to catch Charlie out but each one seems to have failed, one way or another it's not good enough. I'm not sure how this one will go either, Charlie always has been able to give an answer on the spot.

It's just me and Aston for dinner tonight, Charlie is spending another night with the lads which of course means more alcohol. I've been a bit wary since the last incident, he hasn't mentioned getting back together yet but when he does I'm dreading his reaction when I say no. I can't be friendly without him getting his hopes up, it's a bit awkward now I've seen him in a different light.

"Do you want a pizza for dinner?" I asked.

"If you're thinking about the meat feast one in the freezer it's not there."

"I only brought it Monday."

"I ate it Tuesday night after town, I was starving."

"Oh Aston," I moaned.

"Sorry babe."

"I really fancied a pizza as well."

"Let's go to pizza express then, my treat," he offered.

"No we can't do things like that anymore."

"It's only a pizza, besides Charlie's out with his mates."

"Hmm."

"Come on, you can have garlic dough balls now you sleep in your own bed."

I giggled hitting him with a cushion.

"Fine, but don't tell Charlie."

Jumping up from the couch I returned to my bedroom to get ready, I showered this morning for work so after a quick freshen up I put my hair up in a donut and re-done my make up with some red lipstick. Now wearing a black blazer and heels with my jeans I'm just about ready to go.