65.

From that moment on everything seemed to be a blur. I've had more questions, another tests and I've lost count on how many needles I've had jabbed in my arm, the pain has eased but I still can't rest knowing there's something the doctors not telling me.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, but we're trying to find out as much as we can before we confirm anything," the nurse smiled standing beside my bed.

"I've waited hours, you must have some news," I replied.

"Come on, we're worried sick here," Aston sighed.

"I understand your concern but we're doing everything we can as quick as we can. However I do have the results of your blood test now."

"Okay, well what do they say?"

"I've assesd the HCG levels in your blood with the doctor and it does in fact show that you could be pregnant."

"Sorry, what?" I stuttered.

"Pregnant?" Aston repeated.

"It must be a shock for you both as I presume the pregnancy wasn't planned, but I'm sure you're aware that no contraception is one hundred percent safe."

"I know but, I mean what's the chances?"

"Perhaps you've missed a pill, have you been under any stress lately?"

"No, I always take it every morning."

"It's hard to believe I know, but these things happen."

"How far gone is she?" Aston asked.

"It's not quite that simple I'm afraid."

"Hold on, you said I could be pregnant?" I frowned.

"I did yes," she replied.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Because of the pains you've had and the blood you've lost, we'd like to give you a transvaginal ultrasound to see what's going on."

"Everything's okay though right?" Aston croaked.

"I'm having a miscarriage aren't I?" I gulped.

"I'm afraid we can't say for certain just yet, but yes we are concerned that you've miscarried."

"Oh my god," I gasped.

"I know it's hard but try not to panic, I'll be back in just a moment," she said.

I looked to Aston beside me frozen in shock, the only emotion on his face being the single tear trickling down his cheek. I can't believe what I'm hearing, I've been cautious ever since I was sixteen and only ever dreamt of having a baby scan when I'm settling down with the love of my life. I've only just become Aston's girlfriend, I shouldn't be carrying his child yet.

"I'm so sorry," I weeped.

"Shh," he whispered wiping his tear and squeezing my hand tight.

"This is all my fault, I should have let you bring me to the hospital earlier."

"No, none of this is your fault."

"I've left it too late, I know I have."

"No you don't, come on don't talk like this."

I closed my eyes to stop the tears and placed my hand on my stomach, I can't believe there's been a baby growing inside without me having the faintest idea.

"I don't understand Aston, the chance of falling pregnant on the pill is ridiculous."

"Are you sure you haven't missed a pill?"