66.

Drained both physically and emotionally I laid in bed with Aston trying to get some sleep before the doctor came to see us. I keep thinking back to Aston saying that there's a reason for this miscarriage, maybe he's right and the baby was Charlie's, I mean the thought of it alone terrifies me. It kills me to say it but the baby is probably better off out of this mess anyway.

I looked up to Aston with my head resting on his shoulder, I didn't think it would be too much longer before he broke down. I could see the tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"It's okay," I replied wiping his face gently.

"It's just hit me like a ton of bricks, you know."

"I've been thinking of ways to come to terms with it, silly things really."

"Anything is a comfort."

"Yeah," I agreed.

"We'll be alright though, we're young and we've got our whole lives ahead of us."

"Did you mean it when you said you'd like to have a baby with me?"

"Yeah, I'd love to one day."

I smiled back at him as his fingers ran through my hair.

"I better pop and see Dad soon, you'll be alright won't you?" Aston asked.

"Oh I completely forgot, go and see him now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Did you want me to call anyone?"

"I wanted to let my parents know but I don't know the number without having my phone."

"I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Try and get some sleep whilst I'm away, you'll need your strength for when the doctor comes to see us this morning."

"Yeah, I'll try."

"I won't be long," he reassured tucking me in bed with a kiss.

~ Aston's P.O.V ~

I looked back to Kayleigh at the door watching her settle under the sheets, by the look of her eyes it won't be long before she drifts off. I carried my phone in my hand as I wandered down the corridor looking for Dad, I have at least a dozen messages from Mum to read before I've even got to anyone elses.

"Aston?" a voice called in front of me.

"Dad," I replied rushing over.

"Oh thank goodness, I've been worried sick."

"I'm sorry, I haven't been able to get away."

"No, I understand."

"Is Mum here?" I asked looking around.

"No I'm on my own, she's been ringing me every half an hour though."

"Sorry, I feel terrible. I never thought to ask one of the nurses to come out and see you."

"Don't worry about me, hows Kayleigh?" he asked.

"She's doing okay," I shrugged.

"What did the doctor say?"

I took him back to the half empty waiting room and sat down, I think the only way to tell him is to just come out with it.

"She's had a miscarriage."