34.

It's eight o'clock, I'm dressed, my make up and hair is done and I still have another hour at home before I have to leave for work. It looks like Aston getting up extra early to go to the gym has helped me out after all. Sitting at the table alone I started to look through a pile of mail I'd missed from Friday whilst I ate my breakfast, but as junk turned into bills, bills turned into something a little more formal. Putting my mug of tea back on the coaster I ripped open a brown envelope intrigued to know whats inside, I haven't seen one like this in a while, so long ago I can't put my finger on why I recognise the logo printed.

"Brown and Co," I mumbled to myself reading down the A4 sheet. So that's why I recognise the logo, it's the housing estates. According to this there's been a change on the system. For some reason there is some questions unanswered about whether the house is on the market or not, the company itself are even unsure. Apparently a couple of weeks ago there was a request for a meeting about selling the property, but from that date onwards no plans have been made. I don't know what is going on, but it doesn't sound good.

"Morning," Aston smiled now standing in front of me, I didn't even see him come home.

"Oh, morning."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I was just reading," I said pushing everything aside for later. "How was the gym?"

"Yeah it was good, felt good to be back."

"Are you going again tomorrow?"

"I should think so. I didn't wake you did I?"

"Only slightly, but I soon went back to sleep."

"That's good," he smiled. "Are you in work at nine?"

"Yeah, I'll be leaving in a bit."

"Well I'm gonna jump in the shower, so I'll see you later babes."

"Okay," I smiled raising one cheek for a quick kiss. It happens a lot lately, a hello, goodbye or morning peck.

After tidying away I left for work at twenty to nine.

Making my way inside and upstairs to our office I walked straight past Kelly and sat at my desk to find an even bigger stack of letters waiting for me.

"Morning," I smiled to the girls.

"Morning babe," Clare replied.

"Have you had a nice few days off?"

"I did thank you, it's been lovely actually. Ben surprised me with a couple of nights in Devon Saturday."

"Ah lucky you. That was nice of him."

"It was, I loved every second."

"I've only been once, and I was too young to remember."

"It's beautiful down there, if you get chance you should definitely go back," she smiled. "How are you anyway? I haven't seen you since Friday night."

"I'm alright," I nodded.

"Did Aston get home late? I did try to keep an eye on him but he'd vanished before I had the chance."

"Pretty late yeah."

"Nothing seemed to go well that night did it?"

"Not at all, and it didn't even end there for me."

"Did it not?"

"Let's just say Kelly got up to her old tricks."

"Oh the evil cow," she moaned. "What has she done now?"

"It's a long story babe."

"Is everything alright now though?"

"Yeah it's fine," I smiled.

"Haven't you ladies had all weekend to chat?" Dan our boss said dropping more work on our desks. In other words, shut up and get on.

After everything, I think I'm in need of a catch up with Chloe now more than ever, there's so much she doesn't know and so much I need to share, even more so now I've got this strange letter.

Working flat-out until five o'clock I practically ran out of the office before Dan could ask me to do anything else. If there ever is overtime offered it's always me who gets asked first, simply because I once wanted it, but now he seems to think I do permanently. Arriving home to a quiet house I started to wonder whether it's even Aston's car I saw parked outside.

"Hello you," he said wandering through in just a towel.

"Oh you are here then."

"I've had a shower."

"I can see that," I giggled. "It was quiet as I came in that's all."

"Good day?"

"Busy day, you?"

"Mmm," he frowned.

"Oh, I forgot to mention it this morning. I've got Chloe coming over tonight, she's bringing some food and a bottle of wine, or two."

"Babe you don't have to run that by me," he chuckled.

"I just meant I won't be cooking."

"And you certainly don't have to make plans around putting a meal on the table for me."

"Well, it's happens most nights doesn't it," I shrugged.

"It's fine," he smiled. "I'm hope you have a good night."

"Thank you," I smiled back.

"I might meet up with Jay then, few drinks in town or something."

"Aston, you know I'm not stopping you doing that anytime you want right?"

"Yes babe, you remind me enough."

Giggling we went our separate ways into our own bedrooms. Changing into some jeans and a baggy T-shirt I took my hair out of its tight bun and let it hang down my shoulders, my make up staying on until bed. Back in the kitchen I flicked on the kettle to make myself a cup of coffee to pass the time, my stomach is eager for food so I hope Chloe brings something nice.

"Alright, see then bro," Aston said wandering through on his phone and putting it down on the coffee table.

"Is he up for it?" I asked.

"He was hoping for a night out himself," he nodded. "I'm meeting him at half six, we're gonna grab something to eat first."

"Are you gonna be late?"

"I don't know, why?"

"I just wondered. I was thinking about waiting up."

He let a little smirk slip.

"I can always come home early, that's if you're going to make it worth my while."

"I haven't seen you all day," I pouted.

Stepping closer he took the mug out of my hands and pecked my lips gently.

"Well, how about making use of the time we have spare now then?"

"Haven't you got to get ready?"

"It will only take me a matter of seconds."

"I suppose, you never last too long," I teased.

"Hey!" he frowned, "we'll see about that shall we."

Tapping my bum he pushed me into the bedroom behind us giggling, the last half an hour or so making up for the time together we've missed out on.

~❤️~

Vote for the next part and comment below :-)