1.

-Edited-
Welcome to the hunger games! Just kidding, no but really.

Happy Readings  📖  Hope you enjoy 🐺

© All rights reserved

"Where are they Nanna ?" I asked as I waited by the window for my parents to pull up the driveway, they always choose work over me it seemed.

It's my Birthday!

"They're  probably stuck in traffic, you know your dad drives like your grandpa." My Nanna scratches the back of her head nervously.

Once she noticed I was staring she rushed over and pinched my cheeks something she always does to make me smile.

"I know he does." I pause my voice wavering "but, it's my birthday couldn't they like not go to work?" I asked my eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"Your father is a very powerful alpha and your mother is a very assertive Luna, their work is very important and dangerous, one day you'll understand." She smiles and before my nine-now ten year old brain can process her subliminal meaning something better is brought up.

Presents.

"How about you open one of my present to pass time." My Nanna smiled and I returned a toothy grin shaking my head furiously.

She handed me a present and I shook it to get a hint of what it was, sometimes I guessed the present before I even opened it. I was good at that.

"Ah ah ah no cheating." She smiled pinching my cheeks which earned her a light giggle.

I was peeling the wrapping paper off just then the door bell rang.

"Maybe it's your mama and papa." My Nanna smiled and I perked up shoving the Present off my lap and running to the door, I opened it with the biggest smile on my face which quickly fell.

I looked down to see my parents there but not as one would expect, my mama and papas heads were severed off and thrown on the door step.

Blood oozed out of their severed veins at a steady pace racing towards where my feet lie, rooted into the ground motionless.

Everything looked like it had just happened;there was nothing left of my parents, not even a body.

All that was left were pale skin, no movement, dull and vein-filled eyes, and opened mouths.

Time seemed to stop, every amazing moment that I had with my parents seemed to dance behind my eyes filling me with happiness, euphoria, and lastly with realization that my parent were gone, heartbreak.

I remember the faint questioning of my grandma and her worried tone "who is it?" rang in my ears but I couldn't respond nor look away.

My tiny figure shook vigorously as I coped with the fact that I would never hear my dads laugh, never hear my moms melodic and heart tugging voice that she sang me to sleep with even in the endless hours of the night, I would never feel the warmth and love I felt when I had a nightmare and snuggled up in their bed.

I would never see my moms nurturing and warm brown eyes, her stern stare when she knew I was in the wrong, her light laugh that filled my heart with joy.

I would never be able to sit and admire her as the unstoppable force I once pictured her being as she brushed her long red hair and applied her makeup.