64.

Aarics POV

I watched as her rigid body scooped up Amias from my arms. I waited for her eyes to land on mine but she didn't cast me one glance.

I could feel the tension in her head, how her thoughts were running wild with the worst thoughts I'd ever heard from my little mate. Her wall went up blocking our mindlink and emotions; Archard let out a growl about that.

"Okay well we're going to...go Aaric I know that it's a lot for her and for you but forgive us." My mom spoke tears in her eyes.

"That's not my call mother." I spoke my voice harsh and the tears flowed to her cheeks.

She came up to hug me and I just let her showing no emotion and keeping my arms at my sides.

She knew about this? Her and Jameson knew about this and they all tried to criticize and critique my mate.

When they knew what drove her to the brink of insanity.

The thing that fueled her fire. Her hurt. Her biggest insecurity. They knew and they kept it from me?!

From her?

Did I know her? Before all of that? Had I met my mate when we were young?

The thoughts flooded my head before I could stop them and my heart grew heavy.

I know it was not only my feelings but Kalessie's even if she has me blocked off from her.

"You guys can go." Kalessie's Grandmother Iris spoke "I'm staying here, I- I know her nightmares are gonna return and ill stay with Amias while you calm her." She turned to me demanding but also asking for permission.

I would never tell her no.

"Yeah that'll be fine you can sleep in any of the the guest rooms on the floor above us." I informed her and she nodded sadly.

"I'm still going, if I know my granddaughter she's not gonna want to speak to us for a while, avoidance is one of her biggest practices." Her grandpa spoke.

Everyone bid their goodbyes while Iris worked on Dinner.

I went to go check on Kalei.

First I peeked into Amias's nursery and saw that he was happily and deeply asleep before I moved onto our bedroom.

When I entered I noticed a ball in the middle of the bed with covers thrown on top of it.

I heard her sniffles and my heart hurt more.

"Little one." I called out and she only sobbed harder. I quickly threw all the covers off of her and there she laid.

Her eyes hung low as they were swollen and red from being rubbed too harshly, her nose was as red as a rose bud, and her lips sat plump and swollen from all the nibbling and muffling of her sobs.

I said nothing as I scooped her up into my arms and sat against the headboard, her straddling me.

I now felt how the sobs racked her body and her tears rolled off her cheeks in waves as it wet my shirt. She struggled to gain breath from her rapid breathing and I held her closer to my body wiping away the hair that stuck messily to her tears.

"You're gonna be okay." I whispered and she shook her head hiccups leaving her.

Archard whined at her pain.

"Tell me what hurts the most." I whispered into her hair my arms on either side of her as I cradled her head against my chest.

"6 years?" She managed to mumble into the room.