Three parter pt.2 (48)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Happy readings 📖

Aaric

"Good morning Alpha." My third In command Brian speaks from the couch in my office.

"Morning." I say back hurriedly going to my desk to grab some paper work.

"Going somewhere?" Brain asks looking up from the stack of papers he had infront of himself.

"Yes." I say simply not giving anything away.

"Before you go I need to inform you about some stuff happening at the borders." He speaks ignoring my short reply.

"You've got 5 minutes, kinda in a hurry." I glance down at my watch Clara said to give her fifteen but, she's my sister and I know she means twenty five. I wanted to go to Adams and Mia's room to see how Adam has been holding up.

I know that he's going to pretend he's fine so he could come back to work already but I'll know for sure, I'm not even sure if he wants to talk to me considering I stopped him from running after Clara yesterday night. They have a lot of history but he's with Mia, and Clara's with Klark. My wolf growls out at the name.

I don't hate Klark but if my sister could have a better mate I wouldn't object to it, plus he insulted my mate.

"Yeah, what is it?" I ask Brian sitting in my chair.

"We don't know what pack these wolves are from but they're really stirring up trouble around the border, they attacked Christian and Vergil last week." He speaks out his voice laced with disgust.

"Why didn't you inform me sooner, around how many did you see?"I ask angrily "and how do you know they're not rogues." I mutter out.

"You had a lot of other stuff going on with making sure the Luna and beta Adam we're fine, I have been handling it, it's my job as your third and as your friend." He finishes off his head low in shame.

"We know they aren't rogues because they don't smell like rotting flesh, they're clean shaven, have a home, healthy, they had energy. They weren't just feral and crazed, they had tactics and strategies on how to break us into groups small enough for them to fight." He spoke his brows pulled together angrily.

"Tell all the guards that any person that trespasses is to be punished and thrown into the cells until I can take care of it." My head spins tying to piece together who could this possibly be..

"Yes alpha, better get going to your important stuff." Brian speaks his voice void of emotion.

"Thank you for taking care of it while I've been busy, I really appreciate it." I speak out into the quietness of my office before opening the door and exiting.

*****

"Hey." Mia greets me her eyes swollen and tired.

"Hey." I say and pull her into a hug "How are you feeling."

"I'm fine, Kalessie really took all the damage they only cut me once, it was like she wouldn't let them get near me, whenever I would somehow spark interest in one of them she'd say something rude and they'd hurt her instead." Mia's face turns sad and she quickly shakes her head ridding of the memory. "Adams in the living room." She speaks and turns to walk away."

"Have you seen Kalei?" I ask halting her movement, she turns around to face me her face blank.

"I can't." She says and walks away.

I walk into the living room and see Adam there, beer in one hand and chips in the other watching some action movie.

"It's smells gross in here." I comment and his eyes meet mine. They're blood shot red and glassy.