46.

"Those are the plans for tomorrow night." Clara mumbled on nonstop about how she managed to set up a dinner with Annalise and Max, my grandpa and grandma, Her and Aarics parents and Adam and Mia.

"Great." I comment yawning exhausted from going around the pack with Aaric today and officially talking and meeting pack members face to face.

"Yet you sound so uninterested." She smiled leaning back on the couch.

"I'm just tired." I shrug and lay down on the couch in Aarics office He,Lesion,Adam, and Klark decided to go out for drinks and Clara and I decided to stay and do paperwork to help out.

"How was it?" She questioned into the silent room.

"How was what?"I sat up and criss crossed my legs.

"Meeting your people." She smiled

"Exhausting." I let out a chuckle "everyone's a lot nicer now, people tell me they're sorry for what happened to me and they give me thanks for protecting Adam and Mia, but I know that I have a lot more to prove so I'm just taking those comments lightheartedly." I comment popping a chip into my mouth from our plethora of snacks.

"Is that when you think people started respecting you?" Clara laughed out and quickly moved to the couch I was sitting on "Kalei people have adored you since you fought tooth and nail for your right as Luna from Jalissa, ever since Aaric branded you with the pack and you took a burning iron to your flesh with grace and not crying or breaking down with pain, from when you literally spiraled yourself into an anxiety attack to help Aaric get ready for a meeting because he was too tired to." She breaths out her hands clutching my shoulders.

My eyes were on the brink of tears now.

"People have adored and mostly respected you way before you decided to save Adam." She makes a gagging noise after saying his name.

"Thank you so much Claire." I say pulling her into a hug and wiping the tears that managed to escape.

"And most importantly they've been waiting to meet you." She pulls away with a smile.

"What's the deal with you and Adam anyways?" I blurt out into the room and her mood darkens.

"When you first game to the pack," she starts off her eyes looking anywhere but into my own "Adam and I were a thing, we dated and not just then we'd been together for months before that. I hadn't met Klark yet and he hadn't met Mia, we were just two unmated wolves with a burning passion to love someone," she pauses wiping the tears that fell from her green eyes.

"And whats What I did, I loved him and he reciprocated the hell out of that love, everything was great and dandy the happiest I'd been, I had to go to France for a couple of months you may have noticed my absence, it was for a work thing, back when I wanted to be a intern, Adam assured me that when I get back he'd be waiting for me, unfortunately on that trip I found Klark."

"we met in a club and he knew I was his mate but I left, I ran from him the thought of not being with Adam one I couldn't think of, I thought Klark would move on and forget but the next day when I left to come back home I guess he did too."

"I ran back here to tell Adam to find him and when I did it was outside of some room Aaric had been torturing Mia in." She chuckled her head hanging low "right there, after I flew across the world from my mate to come back to him, he broke it off with me telling me he couldn't live without Mia, and I love her I do but deep deep down, I despise her because even though I love Klark, she has the thing that taught me love in her arms every night." Mia sighed a sob leaving her body.

The office door opened and in walked Aaric, Lesion, and Adam who wore a saddened expression on his face, I really hope they didn't hear any of that.