53.

Kalessie

"You can't leave me." I whined to Aaric as he continued to pack his suitcase.

"Over dramatic much, I'll only be gone for two days." He spoke as he went to the bathroom, I quickly followed hot on his trail.

"What if-" I was about to go on a tangent before Aaric covered my mouth with his hand his green eyes staring back into mine with many emotions, fear the prominent one.

"No what ifs, understood, everything will be fine, I'm going to be away for two days, it's going to be fine, you and the baby will be fine." He spoke staring at me but I could quickly see that he was trying hard to convince himself that too.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't want to go, and I know that me whining and begging for you isn't helping either, it's just." I started but I drop my head to the floor shaking my head and the thoughts away with it.

"What?" Aaric asked and I took the toothbrush, shampoo, and conditioner from his hands walking towards his luggage.

I began opening the little zipper to stuff them inside of it before Aaric gently grabbed my shoulders turning me to face him.

"What Amica mea." He said his pleading green orbs stared at me watching for any emotion but I gave nothing away, not until he took my face in his hands and kissed me with every bit of passion he had, then I spoke.

"My whole life I had to be independent, with emotions, even defending myself, I had no siblings, no cousins, no bestfriends up until my grandpa found Annalise and even then I was still guarded it took me forever to talk to her, my point is." I spoke realizing I've just been rambling nonsense.

"I always had to worry about myself, meeting you, I didn't have to do that anymore. I didn't have to keep my emotions in check and when I tried you caught my bullshit, you've been the closest thing to family besides my grandparents and Annalise and the few other people who mean something to me and I don't know, I feel like without you here, I'm gonna fall apart at the seams." I admitted my cheeks bright red against my pale complexion.

"I know babe." Aaric admitted pulling me into a hug "that's why it's hard as fuck leaving right now but I can't ignore my other duties because I want to be shielded away protecting my mate forever, we have a pack to run and we may be mates first but we're Alpha and Luna second, if it wasn't business I wouldn't leave you little one, I have no need to." He spoke to me as he held my face in his chest due to our hugging state.

"I know." I spoke back into the silence of our room before there were knocks at the other side of the door.

"Adam?" Aaric spoke and Adam soon walked in Mia at his side avoiding all eye contact.

Aaric must've noticed my anger because he only held me to him tighter.

"The cars are ready, Kalessie." Adam said as he shot a smile in my direction.

"Hey Adam." I said smiling back genuinely.

"Congrats, can't wait to be an uncle." He stated and Aaric and I both smiled happily at the mention of our pup.

"Thank you, take care of my alpha." I said playfully yet dead serious.

"Always." Adam said and he and Mia turned to leave.

I hugged Aaric tightly against my body as he zipped up his suitcase.

"I have to go now, be safe, please, I know your first instinct is to run and save people, anyone, but don't be a hero, not while I'm away, you see, smell or hear anything promise me you'll run far away in the other direction" He spoke with finality and I nodded my head.

The Wolf Hunters Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें