Ch. 2 - That jawline though

Bam!

"No don't bring him in like that you're going to-"

Bam!

"Bernie just be a little more careful when you position-"

Bam!

"Oh for the love of god just hand me the poor kid!" I snapped in frustration, glaring at Bernie in annoyance who was holding an unconscious Harry over his shoulder, repeatedly banging his head accidently on the walls of the tattoo shop.

"No Nat it's fine I got this." Bernie protested, raising his hand to stop me from advancing towards him.

"Yo Bern, I got a costumer who wants his mom's name tattooed on his chest!" Our boss Georgia called out for him.

"Oh really?" Bernie asked, turning his body making Harry's head bang into one of the furnitures again as I rubbed at my face in exasperation.

"I got him Bern." I said again as he handed Harry's limp body over into my arms until I was carrying his tall lanky figure bridal style in my arms.

"Jeez, for a guy whose diet consists of mainly kale and yogurt he's heavy as hell." I huffed, my knees wobbling before I straightened my back and carried him to one of the small beds we had in the store for our customers.

"Didn't you say you've never met him before? How do you know what he ingests?" Bernie asked, giving me a strange look as he disinfected one of the needles while gesturing a customer with a peachy light red tone to his skin to take a seat.

"Yeah but I have his twitter notifications on and half the time I don't even know what he's talking about in them." I mumbled, placing Harry down on the bed, his chest rising and falling slowly as his jaw clenched slightly.

I stepped back at the sight and raised my fist to cover my mouth and nose as I took a moment to appreciate his sharp jawline.

"That jawline though...." I sighed, pursing my lips into a smile as I closed my eyes and placed my hand over my heart like an enthusiastic church woman listening to a preacher.

"Mmm-mm you could cut a cherry with that, preferrably mine." Georgia laughed from behind me causing me to widen my eyes in surprise as I turned to smile at her.

Gotta love Georgia.

"Ha like you're a virgin.." Carlos, another co-worker snorted as he recounted the money in the cash register.

"So what's a pretty boy like that doing knocked out in my shop?" Georgia finally questioned, directing her question towards me as she placed an inked towel over her shoulder.

"Nat is at it again with her stories.." Bernie informed with an over dramatic eye roll.

"Oh shit, is that why you're in that dress?" Carlos laughed, his gaze immediatly falling on the old floral get up I had on making me scowl at him in annoyance.

"Remember when she dressed up like a vampire to get a feel for her main character last summer." Bernie commented, snorting as his pot belly shook and he began to tattoo his customer while Georgia and Carlos laughed at the memory.

"Ha, ha, funny, but this Good Girl get up is going to be my ticket to getting my stories published." I stated in a confident tone, pointing between a smirking Bernie and Carlos before Harry began to shift slightly on the bed.

"Here," Georgia suddenly said, tossing me a bag of frozen peas from the mini fridge we had stored at the side.

"Looks like pretty boy over there got a pretty bad bruise." She informed me with a knowing smile before shaking her head at me and leaving into the back room.