Ch. 28 - Short cake

"Why am I always portrayed as the bad guy, you know, I mean why can't I just show up and have everyone be like yes Zayn, good to see you how've you been? Or maybe even a aye, Daddy's finally here, there goes my panties."

I ignored Zayn's rant, continuing to quickly sign the papers with such determination I thought the tip of my pen would catch fire just by how fast I was scrawling down my name.

"Zayn let's cut to the chase, I want a divorce." Zayn mimicked my voice in a high pitched tone making me look up from my papers to raise a brow at him.

"Look, I'm not difficult, hand them over I'll sign." He said when he finally saw that my attention was now on him, snapping his fingers before gesturing me to hand the papers over to him from across the kitchen island.

"If." Zayn withdrew his hands back with a smirk when I tried to give him the papers, causing me to furrow my brows in annoyance as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'll sign those pesky papers if you play a little game with me." He offered, lowering his voice before I dropped my hand that was holding the papers with a groan, bringing my head up and tilting it to the ceiling before rolling my eyes in frustration.

"Woah, no need to get all possessed on me short cake, it'll be an easy game, look." Zayn drawled, taking a sugar cube from a small jar on the kitchen counter before retrieving three plastic cups and placing them rim down onto the island.

"Dude, come on." I groaned, rubbing my face before giving him a look.

"See this," Zayn smiled, holding out the sugar cube in between his pointer finger and thumb, putting it in front of my face before he leaned forward and pressed the small square against my closed lips.

I gave him a blank expression as he rubbed and poked at my lips with the cube, trying to make me lick it before I began to growl at him in irritation.

"Fine, not enough sugar in the world will cure your bitterness anyways," He huffed in a playful tone, making me snort and roll my eyes as he withdrew the cube from my lips and placed it underneath one of the three cups on the counter.

"All you gotta do short cake is find the cup with the sugar cube under it, think you can handle it?" Zayn challenged, raising his brows with a teasing smile as I rested my chin in my hand and nodded with a bored expression.

Zayn cracked his knuckles, the new tattoo on his hand catching my attention before he started to slide and mix the three cups on the counter in a almost slow snail like pace making me snap my eyes up at him in disbelief.

"You're slow as fuck, you literally just moved the cup with the sugar cube to the left." I said, pointing at the last cup as a subtle smirk played on Zayn's lips.

"Is that your final answer?"

"Okay stop, you ain't slick and I win so sign the damn-" I began, grabbing the cup and lifting it with wide eyes when I realized there was nothing underneath.

"I'm so confused..." I muttered under my breath before discarding the cup and lifting the other two to find nothing underneath them as well.

"Nice watch." Zayn suddenly complimented as my eyes frantically scanned the counter in awe looking for the disappearing sugar cube.

"Thanks, I got it at Macy's." I mumbled, my hand going to my wrist only for my fingers to come in contact with my skin as I snapped my head down to my hand.

"What in the hell...." I exclaimed under my breath in disbelief before I looked up to find Zayn dangling the gold accessory in his hand with a lazy smile as he admired the jewelry.