Ch. 40 - James Bond

Alright so last time you were here Bessa had just found out that Niall was at a frat party with a girl named Moll- woah I mean Holly, making Bessa completely lose her shit and-

My new phone from my pocket suddenly rang, echoing throughout the small compact area as I dropped my head down and let out a breath of frustration, my crawling put to a halt before I retrieved the device.

"Yo Bessa, you interrupted me right in the middle of breaking the fourth wall, what up." I answered in a monotone voice, trying to control my growing annoyance with her.

"You're taking forever..." She whined through the phone, making me want to chuck it away from me as I took in a deep breath.

"Bessa please just stay and wait in my car a little longer, I told you I'll drive you and be there for you at the party but I need to get Harry out of his stupid work. His health comes first to me and he literally just got out of the hospital a day ago and he's back in this stupid building." I ranted, mostly irritated with Harry since he promised he wouldn't go back into his office for a few more days, I really didn't want the poor homeboy to stress himself out so much.

But was he listening to me?

No, of course not.

"Um, why does your voice sound like it's echoing?" Bessa questioned slowly, making my whole body tense as my eyes darted around nervously.

"I'm in the air vent." I whispered into the phone as I continued to crawl through the small space, putting my elbows and knees to good use through the small metal corridors while I hummed the james bond theme song under my breath.

"Thun, thu thun.... thu... hey, you know if you sing the james bond theme song in a hispanic accent like Carlos', it kind of sounds like the song Don't drop that dun, dun, dun- aye do you remember that song?" I asked, stopping my movements as I heard a few male voices from below, one of them belonging to a particular british crumpet who was gonna get a serious ass whooping for lying to me.

"Natalie, I haven't known you for very long time and if it was anyone else I would automatically assume they were joking but... why are you in the air vent?" Bessa began, sounding concerned as I squeezed my way through the small space before I finally saw a light at the bottom of the air vent where the voices were coming from.

Bingo.

"Okay in my defense, Deborah, A-K-A one of the real mvp's who work here at SS building with Harry wasn't at the front desk. So then I had to deal with Nigel who told me I couldn't see Harry because he was at a conference. This was the only way to get to him, just like in the movies." I explained, whispering the last part out as I squeezed my way to the end of the vent and looked down through the thin bars that revealed the conference room below me.

I peeked through it, immediatly spotting Harry's head of brown waves at the front of the room, the air vent hovering right over the long dark cherry wood table that had at least a dozen gray haired men in taut suits seated at as they listened to Harry's explanation.

He gestured to a small model of a hotel on the table with extravagant details, down to mini vibrantly green bushes in the front of it as Bessa continued to rush me through the phone, urging me to hurry.

"Yup, kay, got it, got it, aight." I sighed, my voice a low hush before I ended the phone call, tucking the cell back into the pocket of my oversized camouflage army jacket as I peered down.

I retrieved the screw driver I had used to get in the vent from my other pocket, humming james bond while unscrewing the nails of the opening of the vent before slowly hooking my fingers through the thin metal bars and lifting the barrier up, giving me full access to the conference room below me.