Ch. 21 - Vanilla boy

AN: Picture of Carlos up there

Harry was practically beaming with pride as we quickly drove to the Italian restaurant where Lisa was as I stared at him in disbelief.

"I can't believe you charmed that cold woman to give me an extension for my writing..." I repeated for the tenth time since we left the building, making Harry bite his lip to keep from smiling as he stared at the road.

"It was all you Nat, even though you haven't showed me any of your works I just know you're an amazing writer and so did the publisher..." Harry shrugged, his voice deep and genuine as I leaned my head against the window to smile at him.

"Thanks man." I sighed with relief, glad that the whole ordeal was over as I playfully nudged Harry's chin with my fist making him smirk.

"I got you." He smiled, giving me a fist bump not looking away from the road before we finally parked in front of the extravagant restaurant.

We both leaned forward, peeking through the clear glass window of the restaurant to find Lisa sitting and waiting patiently at a white clothed table, the room lit only by the soft glow of candles illuminating her tan gold skin with her body clad in a tight red number.

"Damn..." Harry and I breathed in unison at the sight of her.

I hadn't seen Lisa in a few weeks since she was off doing a few business trips but yes my girl was working it tonight.

"Okay, okay, you're only five minutes late but I swear, the first thing you gotta do is just go behind and then plant one on her, slip in some tongue and she might just forgive you." I remarked, placing my hands on his shoulders to turn him to face me as I fixed his collar, smoothing his tux and licking the pad of my thumb as I ran my hand through his hair.

I was practically telling him from experience, even though Harry was drunk and he didn't even remember that one time we kissed I still did, and the minute his lips touched mine I felt like I forgot everything.

It was a good thing I was over Harry though.

I smiled when Harry tried pushing my relentless hands away from his hair, grabbing my wrist as our eyes locked and the small laughter on my lips trailing off under his intense gaze.

"Thanks for being the best wingwoman." He said, not letting go of my wrists as I scrunched my face at him and smiled.

"Speaking of which," I began, pulling away as I quickly rummaged through my bag to retrieve a black silk box.

"Since you missed out on the whole waiting on hold for Lisa's  necklace I got you a backup." I smiled as Harry gave me a questioning look, furrowing his browns in confusion before taking the box and opening it.

"No. No Nat are you crazy?" Harry blinked, trying to shove the box back into my hand as I shook my head.

"Oh come on, are you telling me Lisa wouldn't just love those pair of diamond earrings, you and I both know they'd look great on her." I reasoned as we pushed the box back and forth between eachother.

"Nat I'm not stupid, I know these are the same exact earrings you've been saving up for for weeks, I'm not taking these." Harry said through grit teeth, forcefully putting the box in my hands.

"Dude I've got my Target hoop earrings, I'm fine, I know you've been waiting to buy that necklace so just take the damn jewelry." I seethed as Harry quickly got out the car with the small box still in my hands before throwing his car keys at me.

"You can take my car home and I'll just head over to Lisa's afterwards. Go rest, wrap yourself in some blankets, I made you some mango smoothie in your fridge because I know how much you like them and then just go watch some Netflix." Harry said, leaning his head down to look at me as I glared at him, my frown weakening at the mention of the smoothie waiting for me at home.