Ch. 20 - Mid-dab

I woke up with a start, my arms up out in front of me in alarm as I winced at the aching crick in my neck making me slightly hiss in pain.

"Thank you for waiting, we are sorry for the inconvenience." A female monotone robot voice said through the phone in Harry's hand.

I scrunched my face up in disgust, shaking my head to wake myself up as I wiped the drool with my arm while I quickly tore the piece of paper stuck to my forehead from my sweat.

"You are now the fifteenth caller on hold, Jay's Jewlers thanks you for your patience." The robot voice stated from the phone as Harry let out another snore of deep slumber from the couch.

I squinted my eyes, looking out the window of my living room in confusion as I slowly got up from the floor and glanced at a knocked out Harry on my couch, his long body sprawled across the cushions with his mouth hung open, one hand still loosely holding the phone he had been on all night dangling over the floor.

"Oh shit, Harry wake the fuck up! Get your white boy ass up  right now! Wake up!" I snapped, panic controlling my whole body as I scrambled for the papers over my coffee table, cramming them into a manila folder as I clutched the papers to my chest.

"Obama... not now... Michelle might see us.." Harry rasped out, whispering the last part out before shifting his position on my sofa as a small giggle escaped his lips while he smiled in his sleep.

I froze in my spot, bringing my lips inward while flaring my nostrils as I stared at the sleeping boy on my couch with wide irritated eyes.

"Now is not the time to have one of your wet Obama dreams, get up!" I exploded, grabbing one of the couch pillows from the floor before smacking him straight in the face.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Harry shot up from the couch, panting heavily while clutching tightly onto the phone in his hand as his brown hair stuck up in different directions.

"It is five fifty six and you are going to be late for your two month anniversary dinner and I'm going to be late for my two month publishing appointment!" I rambled, fumbling back and forth around the room, trying to retrieve all my things as pieces of paper spilled from my hands to the floor.

It's been two months since that day Lisa gave Harry another chance and they had that beautiful moment in my kitchen and I sure as hell wasn't going to let their relationship go down the drain by him being late for their dinner.

"I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the purpose of me coming over to your place was so that we could help eachother stay up, you know, with me waiting on hold for Lisa's necklace and your crammed writing?" Harry yawned, rubbing at his eyes as he looked down at his phone.

"You are now the fourteenth caller on hold, Jay's Jewlers thanks you for your patience." The robot voice beeped from Harry's cell making his eyes widen with excitement as I readjusted my sweatshirt and ran a hand through my tangled hair.

"Jesus Nat! Nat did you hear that!? Fourteenth caller! From ninety sixth caller last night to fourteenth!" Harry exclaimed in celebration, jumping to his feet as he enveloped me in a hug making me growl.

"You won't need to buy your girflriend a necklace when she dumps you for being late for your dinner, now go out to the balcony, the both of us ain't got time to shower even though we smell like coffee and sweat so I gotta hose you down." I scolded, moving away from his embrace to push him out to the balcony as I placed the papers down on the side and turned on the hose.

"Hose your nasty ass down." I ordered, shoving the hose at his chest before sprinting back inside to retrieve a pair of towels and a bar of soap.

"You got two minutes!" I announced, tossing the soap to Harry as I watched him place his phone down before quickly washing his body, getting his clothes all wet in the process as he shook droplets of water from his darkened hair.