From The Future

I woke up in a bed, a very comfortable one at that, in a room I didn't recognize. Bulma looked at me, her face stained with tears. She must have cried so long, and very hard.

"Bulma?" I asked, then Bulma came closer to me.

"Akari, you are ok! I wouldn't forgive myself if you died or got hurt because of a mistake..."Bulma said, she was about to cry.

"Bulma, don't you see that young man over there. That's your son in the future. You should be proud of him. He is not a mistake. No child is a mistake, Bulma." I said and Trunks came closer. " I am so sorry god mom. I shouldn't have said anything..."

Trunks said as he hung his head down in shame.

"What is this about 'God Mom'? Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, a smile crept on my face.

"You are my god mother. You were a great teacher, and I really loved you." Trunks said as he looked really sad.

"Why are you using the past tense?" I asked, very puzzled.

"You died in my arms, by the androids." He told me, now feeling like he just told the biggest secret ever.

"You told me I would be surprised when I came here. I didn't know you and my father were together. I am so sorry." He said apologizing every time for something that wasn't truly his fault.

Both of them left, then Bulma came back in with a little baby. He was really adorable, what a little angel he was. Then he wanted to come to me.

"Here, Akari. You didn't meet him yet. This is Trunks."

She handed me the cutest baby boy you will probably ever see. But Gohan was cute too. Everyone knew I was good with babies, I was a baby magnet. Once Trunks was in my lap, I felt so warm and fuzzy inside. He made me so happy, he smiled, giggled, and looked at me with that cute little face.

"I was wondering, would you like to be Trunks' god mother?" Bulma asked me, the question sounded like the greatest news I had all day.

"Bulma, I forgive you for what you have done, you and Vegeta, he deserves you more. But I will accept that God mother role." I said my face saddens as those words came out of my mouth.

"Akari, I think its best if you are with Vegeta. He doesn't want any part of me. We won't tell Trunks until he is old enough, promise?" Bulma said, trying to repair what was left of my heart broken heart.

"Promise, but before he knows, you two are going to get married at some point." I said, kinda feeling guilty.

"I knew that might happen..." Bulma said. Trunks fell asleep on me, Bulma took him away to put him in his crib. Then Vegeta walked in, all in his regular Saiyan outfit.

"So you're finally awake, eh Katarina?" Vegeta said, he had his usual smirk on his face.

"Are you ok, Vegeta? I only remember the part where you were screaming my name and I was about to break you in two..." I said, still having the guilt of almost totally squeezing the life out of Vegeta.

"I was fine, you my have broken a few bones but Dende healed me up. I was worried about you, I couldn't believe that your tail grew back!" Vegeta said, kinda sounding a little jealous.

"Must be that Kami didn't cut it right with me. I don't really know. But after I had extreme emotion I had my tail back." I told Vegeta, he then sat down in the foot of the bed.

"I should have told you... about... Bulma and I..." Vegeta said, as I then had saddend eyes.

"Vegeta, I can forgive you. One, because look at Trunks, you have a little one to call your own, and two, you found a wonderful girl to be with." I told him, sadness began to set in.

"But, I want to be with you..." he said, then he inched closer. We kissed, then we pulled away.

"You will have to marry Bulma when the time comes ok?" I told him, which he then replied.

"Of course, Katarina..."