Chapter 27. Rufus Peterson.

Once the door closes, Suta turns to me. He comes toward me and looks around.

"I need to talk to you", he says.

Oh, so he really is going to tell me something, about what happened to her.

"I have to leave, okay, and this time i don't want her looking for me. the reason i left the first time was that my father sent someone after her, to try to get to me, so i came here, i took care of the guy after her, but he won't stop, i'll try to block them from comming after her, but you need to get her far out of the states as possible, my father is planning something and something big, get her out of here, okay. i trust you and i want her to be happy and safe, so take care of her," he says as he stares me down with flames.

he is in rage to leave her and in rage that i'll fail.

"I trust you with her," he says.

Why would he trust me with her?

"Why?" I ask.

"She told me, the night before i left, that she liked you and that you were kind to her, she told me after i asked about you. she cares about you bro, and i respect that, she hasn't cared about anyone, but me and her mother, but it's different now, now that she's been away from father so long, but take care of her", he says.

"What do i tell her?" I say," you can't just do that to her, she was really worried last time you left".

"The truth, tell her the truth, but make sure it's the right time, bring your men, they look military fit, not to mention your boss is, it's painted all over his face", he says as he grabs a bag i didn't see from under the bed. it's a military backpack.

He throws it on, after he pulls on a sweater from inside the backpack.

"Okay", I say.

he nods and then he goes to the door, but he turns before he leaves.

"Tell her i never wanted this to happen, and that i would of changed it if i knew what he was going to do, tell her i love her and to not get mad, i have to do this", he says before he disappears behind the door.

I stand there for a moment, thinking of what he just gave me authority to do. He just handed me his sister to keep, damn. 

She likes me, really likes me. I thought she didn't like me. I grip my hair on my head and sit down on the bed.

It's only a few moments, before there is a soft knock on the door. No doubt it's from her.

How do i tell her? she might yell at me for not stopping Suta.

she comes in and looks around. I stand before she sees me.

"Where's Suta?" she asks.

What do i tell her?

The time i tell the truth or am told to I want to lie.

"Um, he uh," I start.

"He what", she asks confused.

"Left", I whisper. 

She hits the wall sliding down it.

"Why did he leave like that?" she asks softly like she is scared.

then she starts saying no over and over again.

I go over to her crouching in front of her.

"He told me to tell you he never wanted this to happen,  and that he would of changed it if he knew what your was going to do, he told me to tell you he loves you and to not get mad at him, he told me he had to do this, he had to leave", I say as she looks up at me.

"Why would he tell you that?" she asks softly, with anger.

i see a glisten of tearss on her face and want to wipe them away, but i can feel her tension in the air, i can feel her fear. I can feel her anger.

"I asked him that and he told me that he trusted me", I say." with you", i say softer.

her eyes meet mine immediately.

"We have to find him, if my father finds him he could die, we have to go after him", she says as she starts to rise.

I take her shoulders pushing her back down.

"He told me that i couldn't let you go after him, your father sent people after you, he said he was going to hold them back, we have to go now, he told me to get you out of the states, and that your father was planning something big, and i'm going to do that okay, you'll be safe, and your brother is really smart okay, i'm sure he'll try to get to you, okay, i'm sure we'll see him once he knows it's safe for you and him", I say reasurring her.

i feel her break in my hands, her tears are big and she shakes as she looks at me. After those words left my mouth, she broke. Completely.

"I don't want him to die", she says crying.

I pull her into a hug and don't even realize what i'm doing, but she crushes me in her tight grip crying into me.

"Hey, we need to go, okay, it'll be safe once the guys are with us, until then don't leave my side okay, you'll be okay, i'll make sure you stay safe", I say as she nods and wipes her tears, pulling back.

"Sorry", she says as i see the wet spot on my shirt she left from her tears.

"Don't bother me", I smile and she smiles back at me, a shyish smile.