Chapter 38. Rufus Peterson

I couldn't sleep that night, all i did was picture her dancing with me, but not like the normal dances, a dance that i could see her dancing. But, it's just dance lessons, it's not so big.

I watch her toss and turn in her bed. she sometimes starts to panick, and i go to her, sitting on the edge of the bed to hold her hand, and then she calms down.

I sit there now and hold her hand, but i want to lay by her, i want to smell her vanilla sent agaisnt my nose, i want to feel her body fit perfect to me like that night in the hotel. I want to mess with her hair while she sleeps and i want to hold her hand, i want to stay with her. I want to be her protection.

"Rufus", she says in her sleep, then she starts to panick even though i am holding her hand. I see tears prick her eyes and they slide down her face.

"Leave him alone, no rufus", she says as i reach over her and flick the lamp on. i shake her awake and she shoots up and starts to bawl. 

I pull her into my arms and she cries into me.

"It's okay, i'm here", I whisper as she nods and curls up against me, laying her head in the crook of my neck.

"Want to talk about it", I ask as she shakes her head and hugs me for dear life.

"What do you do if you are afraid you'd lose your brother?" she asks softly. She said my name in her dream, why would she be talking about brothers.

"Hmm, lets see," I say softly as i pull the covers over her, wrapping her in my arms on top of the covers.

"Well, the question is, if you were going to lose somebody, would you do anything for them?" I ask as she nods slowly.

"Would you jump off a bridge if they did?" I ask. she stiffens and looks up at me.

"Depends who they are?" she says. 

"Would you jump off a bridge if i did?" I ask.

she looks at me confused.

"If it were a life or death situation i would, but i don't want to be one of those girls who commit suicide over a guy they love, that dies", she says so softly and shaking.

I wouldn't want her to jump off the bridge, because i wouldn't want her to die.

I pull her close.

"Did i hurt you?" she asks.

"No, not at all beautiful", I say as she smiles against my bare chest.

"You'll protect me like you said you would", she says.

"Forever", I whisper softly as my eyes start to droop from sleep.

It's 4:00 and i get up at five.

I sit there till she goes back to sleep and lay her back down, and go lay on the couch. I finally get some sleep, an hour!

I get up sleepy and take some wake up pills and get dressed. I meet Suta in the kitchen already up with a mug of black coffee. he kicks the chair in front of him out as i see the girl marcy at the stove baking keish.

I sit down and she hands me a glass.

she smiles at Suta who smiles back.

"Heard you guys talking this morning", he says.

I nod.

"Damn, I leave for a day and you both fall in love, I don't know anything about it, but bro that's some good thing you have going on", he says grinning.

"It's not really a thing, it's serious", I say as he puts his elbows on the table nodding.

"I'm just saying, Thanks for taking care of ehr by the way", he says.

"Always", I say as a tired looking Marina comes ina nd wraps her arms around my neck.

"Do you know where black is Ruf", she says as Suta stares confused.

"We are like extremely close," I say as he nods.

she grabs coffee and sits in my lap.

she lays her head on the table.

"I like Ame", she says.

"Ame", I say and Suta smiles.

"Suta told me that's the nickname he gave her", she says as i smile. I might as well join the party, it's cute to annoy Amelia.

Ame? Sounds pretty good to me.

She can call me Ruf?

I see Blake come in fifteen minutes later and pulls his girlfriend up.

"Morning", he says smacking her butt playfully.

"Hey", she says.

"It's smack ass friday", he says as i grin.

"Such a bad boy", she says blowing him a kiss as she leaves to pull some clothes on. 

Soon everyone is up, except Amelia, since she likes to sleep in.

"So, where's your pretty girlfriend, pretty sure she's in your bed, that does spark some images", my brother says being the asshole.

He's extremely smart, but he hates Amelia, and i know if he could kick her out or kill her, he would.

"Shut up", I say getting in his face.

he gets back up and into my breathing flames.

"Once those guys after her are dead, you can say goodbye", he spits in my face.

I wipe my face off and smack him in the face.

everyone around me goes silent, and my brother stands there with a red cheek, but tears stream down his face.

He walks out of the room before anyone can say a word.

"What the fuck man?" says Chet hitting me in the face.

"Know one fights in the house, if you wanted to fight something, take a look outside, theres a knife waiting for yah", he growls.

"Shut up", I say as Suta stands.

"Hey, He has every right for what he did, I would of done the same for what he said about my sister", Suta says as he marches out of the room.