Chapter Twenty One

Charlotte was standing in the doorway of the living room, with her hands on her hips whilst looking absolutely outraged. I feared her face might actually explode.

Greg followed quickly behind her, evidently hearing her unnecessary scream. His eyes widened when he spotted the array of empty bottles scattered around the room. Boy, we were in trouble.

Quickly, I released Jamie's collar and was snapped back into reality. Wow, had I really just done that? Had I really just tried to kiss him? I was such a mess when I was drunk.

"Oh my god..." Charlotte breathed, stepping further into the room, "You're drunk... you're both bloody drunk"

"Mum..." Jamie said, a sense of regret in his voice. He didn't seem to be too bothered about the fact I had almost just kissed him. Perhaps he had wanted it to happen too? But right now, obviously there were more important things on his mind.

Lucas strolled into the living, holding Alice's hand and instantly stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes scanned the room and he looked up at his older brother, puzzled.

"Hey... I didn't know we were having a party..."

"Lucas, upstairs now. Take Alice with you" Greg replied sternly, his mouth in a neat line. I could see anger bubbling in his eyes. He looked far angrier than he did one the day of the zoo trip. It actually scared me quite a bit. Usually he was the calm one.

"Ugh, why?" Lucas groaned, his shoulders sagging.

"Just go please."

I bet Lucas was fed up of always been bossed around. I know I would be. He sulkily marched up the stairs, gently dragging his little sister behind him. She didn't complain. She was too innocent to understand what was going on.

I was stood rooted to the spot, although I was swaying slightly because of the intoxication. Jamie was staring straight at his parents, practically tensing in shame.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Charlotte then screeched, unsurprisingly this was directed towards me. It was obvious that she was always going to blame me for everything. I don't see why when her precious son had a history of behaving badly, behaving worse than me in fact. But before I could even answer she continued with her rant,

"How dare you! I didn't want you staying here alone and this is exactly why!"

"I wasn't alone though?" I responded, as though she was completely stupid. It seems as if she was oblivious to the fact that her son had also been here. Perhaps she just didn't want to believe that Jamie would have anything to do with this.

Greg was moving his attention between Jamie and I with a look of utter disappointment etched on his face.

"I told you guys not to do anything stupid," He sighed, rubbing his forehead with his thumb and fore finger vigorously.

I hiccupped quietly before resting down on the arm of the sofa. I couldn't stand anymore because my drunkenness had caused the room to spin and it was making me feel sick. I felt unusually light headed too.

"Dad... it's not a big d-deal..." Jamie tried to explain, but once again he was cut off by his overly possessive mother.

"Not a big deal? Are you forgetting what happened? You're going back to how you were!"

Jamie hung his head in shame and shoved his hands in his pockets. He knew she was at least half right. He looked like a naughty school boy, which was ironic because he as actually eighteen. Charlotte then turned her attention to me and I saw evil dancing in the pupils of her eyes.