Chapter 43

Emma's P.O.V:

Next week will mark a year since my family abandoned me. Well I'm kind of happy they did. My father was abusive and my mother never cared. I also had an older sister who hated me. If they hadn't of abandoned me I would have never met Jake. I would have also never escaped their abuse. Never had I told Jake about how my parents were abusive. I guess I just wanted to forget.

-flash back to the day they met-

I wake up at like the middle of the night. I noticed my parents and older sister are gone. I knew they would leave me here. I stand up and start walking. I wonder if I'm going deeper into the woods.

I had no way of being able to tell. I walked around for a whole day. The sun had come up then went back down. By then I realized I would never find the road. I drop down next to a tree exhausted from walking.

Then I realize I'm crying. I started to thin about how mean my parents and sister where to me. I just let it go and started crying really hard. That's when I met Jake.

--end of flashback--

I look down and kick a rock. "Are you ok Emma? Tell me the truth." Jake said as I look up and Lucas and Jake are both looking at me.

"No." I said sadly.

"What's wrong?" Jake said holding my hand.

"I was thinking about my family."

"Do you miss them?" Lucas asked with a questioning look.

"No I could never miss them." I said a tear escaping my eye.

"Why not?" Jake asked wiping the tear from my eye.

"They were abusive." I said quietly, but loud enough for them to hear. They both just looked at me.

Ichigo010 out~