Procrastinating

"Uggghhh" You groan from your desk, "I don't want to do this any more!" You slump back in your chair and stare up at the ceiling.

"No! YOU CAN DO THIS!" Marks deep voice called from his office.

"But I don't want to! This is taking way to longgggggggg." You fall forwards and rest your chin in your hands. Your university dissertation stares back at you, you weren't even half way done and you had to write 50,000 words by next Monday.

"That's because you keep moaning about it!" Marks laugh echoed down the hall and you heard his footsteps slowly getting closer to your door. You turned your chair to see Marks face pop out from behind your door.

"I don't even know what I'm writing about any more." Mark laughed and walked farther into your bedroom, followed by Chica who softly rested her head on you knee.

"How long have you been writing?"

"Since 10, so 3 hours." You stroke Chica's head as she stares up at you with her huge puppy eyes.

"Haven't you had lunch?" You shake your head at Mark, "What! How? Come on, let's get lunch and you can have break." Mark put out his hand and you held it as you stood up. Chica excitedly followed you as you put on your jacket and shoes to go out; she thought she was coming too.

"Aww, sorry Chica baby. You can't come with us." You knelt down to stroke her.

"Poor Chica Pika." Mark said in his baby voice, making you giggle. Together, you left the house and walked down the street.

"Where are we going?" You ask as Mark takes your hand.

"The Waffle?" Mark grinned, he knew it was your favourite place to eat.

"YEAH!" You cheered as Mark studied your eyes and softly, he planted a kiss on your forehead.

"The Waffle it is then!." He cheered.