You Chose: Interactive (part 4)

Choice 3: B) It's just a dog.

She had barely enough time to beam down at the fluff ball rocketing towards her before the dog slammed it's paws into Lisa's chest. Lisa let out a small yelp as her feet stumbled in efforts to stop her from falling, but once she was stable, beamed into the lovely puppy's hazel eyes.

"Chica! Down!" Lisa heard an unfamiliar voice yell. She looked up to see a tall, lanky man. He grabbed Chica's collar and pulled her away from Lisa before looking up and smiling.

"Sorry, she gets really excited." Lisa didn't mind at all and bent down to stroke Chica's head, "I'm Matt." Matt put out a hand so Lisa stood and shook it.

"I'm Lisa." She smiled

"Cool, are you with Mark?"

"No, no! We only just met... N-not that I don't like him! He's really nice, although I haven't exactly talked to him much- He saved me from falling so he's gonna drive me home cause," Lisa stopped herself, realising that she was rambling, "No, we're not together."

Matt was quiet for a second, stunned by her sudden spurting of information.

"I meant, 'Are you here with him'." He corrected

"Ooooh." Lisa mentally punched herself in the face, "Yeah.. yeah I am." She trailed off, embarrassed, and Matt nodded before looking down at Lisa's jumper.

"Oh shit! Sorry, Chica's paws," Lisa looked down to see her jumper covered in muddy paw prints, "Damn, I'm really sorry. Chica bed!"

"No, no. It's fine! I really don't mind. This was ruined in the rain anyway." Matt still looked concerned and Chica hid behind him, ashamed of her actions.

"Oh hey Matt! Where's Ry-" Mark re-entered the room but became distracted when he saw Chica's muddy paw prints running across the floor and onto Lisa's jumper, "Chica! Bad dog." Chica lowered her head in shame. Her eyes looked hurt and sorry. 

"I'm sorry, Lisa. Do you want to borrow a hoodie or something." He offered, his expression softly turning from the stern look he gave his dog to a kind gaze as he looked to Lisa.

"I don't mind, really." But her cold, shaking shoulder's gave her away. Mark insisted and took Lisa to the closet in his room. He pulled open his draws as she looked around his room. His house was very beautiful. Lisa stood awkwardly, not knowing what to say or do, for a few more minutes while Mark kept searching. He began humming slightly, a tune Lisa recognised but couldn't quite pick it out.

"How's this?" He turned around and held up a grey hoodie.

"That's great, thank you." Lisa took the hoodie shyly. As she pulled the warm fabric to her chest her hand touched Mark's and their eyes met for a tense second. Lisa smiled nervously and Mark turned to shut the draw, humming again.

Glad to be free of the damp wool, Lisa stripped her jumper from her skin. She finally managed to pull it over her head as Mark turned around. Lisa looked up to see him blushing, his eye's darting around the room.

"Oh, um, I-I-I" Mark stuttered. Confused, Lisa glanced down and saw that her shirt had been drenched and was almost completely transparent. She gasped and hid behind Mark's hoodie, her face instantly burning up. 

"Ah, heh. Sorry." Mark gushed and looked up at the ceiling, "I'll just," He pointed to the door.

"Yeah." Lisa quickly mumbled and Mark swiftly left the room. 

In the silence, Lisa shut her eyes in regret. Another mental slap later, and she had taken off her soaked shirt and replaced it with Mark's hoodie. It's warm fabric felt soft against her cold skin and Lisa could smell the faint scent of Mark. Lisa that's weird. She thought, stopping herself and turning to the door. She left Mark's room and began to travel back down the hallway. As she approached the living room, she started to pick out voices. One was very clearly Mark's, strong and resonant, and she guessed the second must have been Matt's. With each step, the conversation began to get louder and Lisa began walking slower, wanting to hear more.

"How long's he gone for?" Mark's voice asked.

"At least until tomorrow morning." Matt's replied. 

"Damn it. How's Lisa gonna get home?" Lisa wanted to know that too.

"She could stay until Ryan gets back?" Lisa's ears pricked up at the suggestion. Stay here? 

"She doesn't even know us, I don't think she would be cool with staying." Mark said, almost echoing Lisa's thoughts.

"Why's she here anyway, then- if she's a stranger?" Lisa neared the closed hallway door and stood still. On the other side was Matt and Mark. Now was her last chance to open the door and pretend she hadn't been listening, before they began truly talking about her. But she wanted to know what Mark was going to say.

She should:

A) Walk straight through the door. Chica was on the other side too, and Lisa felt sorry for Mark telling her off.

B) Stay where she was for a little while. Why had Mark offered to drive her home? He could have just said good bye after helping her.

You have chosen option B. Part 5 is currently being written.