Bride and Groom (2)

Disclaimer: this series was written before Amy and Mark's relationship became public, any descriptions of the character of Amy are in no way a representation of Mark's girlfriend.

Don't forget to vote for the stories you like :)

"Dum dum duh-dum, Dum dum duh-dum" All the bridesmaids sang and giggled as Amy practised walking down the hotel hall way. She was so beautiful, no wonder she and Mark were getting married so soon. Yes that's it Amy practice walking -one foot in front of the other- wow you're amazing at walking, it's like you've been doing it your whole life!

"Do you, Amy Francesca Epiphany Brownell, take this man to be your awful dreaded husband." Signe said in her deep vicar voice.

"Haha, Signe!" Amy giggled in her sickeningly sweat giggle, "Stop being so silly!" Another giggle. She never snorts or roars with laughter, it's always that honeyed giggle that makes you want to-. Breathe. OK, calm down.

It took all of my strength not to roll my eyes at what we were doing. All the brides maids were standing in the hall, two standing behind Amy as she lightly stepped down the aisle, another (Signe) stood in front, playing the vicar and then there was me. I was playing Mark. This was so degrading, but I couldn't even show how I felt because of Amy. I had to go along with it and pretend to be the man I- well, the man my bestfriend loves, on his wedding day. And she is my best friend, she is. We have know each other since our first day of high school; she was the first friend I made. She was the first friend anyone made actually, and the last one they'd forget.

With her perfectly waved hair, slim figure, beautiful laugh and her effortless social grace, Amy Francesca Epiphany Brownell was the symbol of everything the girls in my year wanted to be. Meanwhile, I was her classic sitcom, quirky best friend that she 'took pity on and saved from my black cesspool of horrifically embarrassing social status'. But I am not some lame sidekick, I am funny and talented and kind hearted- But then why I'm still standing here, facing the girl who's, not only had everything she's ever wanted by birth right but has also stolen the one thing I really thought I could win, Mark?

I stifled a sigh as Signe turned to me and, still in her silly vicar voice, said, "And do you Mark Edward Fischbach, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife." I swallowed my pride and hid my crossed fingers within the folds of my dress.

"I do." I smiled as sincerely as I could. Amy beamed.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife!" Signe called, "You may now hug the bride!" Amy smiled at her fake marriage and we hugged. Her tiny body felt like it was gonna snap in my arms. BUT, I didn't snap her, because Mark loves her; Mark was happy with her and I could never be the person to take happiness away from him.

"Aww you guys!" Amy said fanning her eyes as we stood together in the hallway, "This is such a big day, and I am so glad to share it with my favourite girlies in the entire world!" I looked at the circle and caught Signe's eye before the two other bride's maids rushing in front of us to embrace Amy. She could see the small frown I let run across my face as Amy turned away.

A few minutes later we were back in the hotel room and the two other bride's maids were fixing Amy's make up after she burst into tears of joy. Note to self: she still looks great, even when she's crying.

I felt the bed dip down next to me and looked up from my shiny dress to see Signe sitting next to me.

"You OK?" She asked and I smiled.

"Yeah."

"Hey I know you don't know me that well, but you talk to Jack when you're down. Maybe talking to me would help." I did talk to Jack whenever I was sad. Although calls to Ireland cost a lot and Jack hardly ever came to LA, he was always the first person I would turn to, to just talk to. I would talk to Mark, he is so understanding, but most of the things I get down about I don't really want him knowing, especially now. Jack knew about my feelings for Mark, but he didn't really know how strong they are. Did I want to tell Signe?

After a little silence Signe spoke again, "I could pretend to be him, top of the morning to ya laddies, my names jacksepticeye." I let out a little chuckle, "Don't tell him i did that, he hates it so much." She laughed too and I felt sorry for not telling her what was wrong.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you," I assured her, "It's just not the right time to talk about it, not on Amy's big day."

"Oh screw Amy!" Signe suddenly sat up, "I don't see why we should all grovel at her feet, just because she's gonna sign a piece of paper that a century ago just meant somebody else was in charge of her." I let out a breathe of agreement at her passionate out burst, "Also, what the fuck was that rehearsal thing about?"

"Haha yeah I know!" I began to join in, "Yeah, well done Amy. You have mastered the skill of walking in a straight line." Signe snorted, egging me on, "Also, who says 'girlies'?Like the youngest person here is 25, we're not some lame teena-" My voice trailed off as I saw Signe's eyes look in horror, behind me. Shit. I did not want to turn around. But I did. And there she stood. Amy with her hands on her hips, her hench-women behind her. It seemed as though the other bride's maid's efforts to mend Amy's makeup had been pointless, as Amy's eyes were already filling up with new tears.

Oh god. I felt that awful pit in my stomach and I tried to say something to fix it but Amy's wounded eyes only made it deeper.

"Amy, I-"

pssst, part 3 is written...