Come fly with me: Baby #3

THUD THUD THUD
Mark's and my feet slammed into the ground as we raced through the airport, the plastic wheels of our suit cases rumbling and bouncing along the squeaky floor behind us. I held Daniel close to my chest to shield him from being jiggled around too much but he still squirmed in my arms.
"Yes! Ok! Passport! Tickets!" Mark panted as we finally landed in the boarding area. I frantically fumbled, juggling Daniel and my passport before throwing it at the air line staff (the passport not the baby). Finally we gained our breath as he checked our passports and tickets.
Daniel was looking around himself, confused as to what was happening. His big eyes gazed up at me, asking for reassurance and I smiled down at him, relieved that we had made it in time.
"Ok, everything's good. Go on in." The man waved us threw.
"Thank you." Mark sighed and he took our bags.
We found our seats in the cool plane isle, a welcome change from the sticky airport, and flopped down, defeated. Daniel, still wide awake as always, made content gurgling sounds as he wiggled on my lap and I smiled at him through heavy eyelashes.
We were the second last people to board the plane and soon the flight attendants were doing their little dances at the front. Mark leant closer to me and murmured,
"Let me take him, you can sleep for a bit" I sighed thankfully and handed over Daniel who happily lifted his arms out to his daddy and clung to his chest. Mark's soft laugh rippled through his chest and hummed against Daniels head, soothing him.

After what felt like an eternity, we started moving! As we picked up pace I felt Mark's hand brush and hold on to mine softly. I squeezed it 3 times, 'I. Love. You.', and smiled at him. He had flown a million times but I think after having Daniel, he was a lot more cautious; he had so much more to lose than just himself now. His left hand held tightly onto Daniels dozy body.
Soon enough, we felt the floor beneath us tilt and rise, pulling us all into the air. As the plane levelled out, Mark's hand loosened its grasp on mine and I heard a soft breath escape him. I smiled at him. The early morning sun was just rising above the clouds, sending rays of warm light through the window Mark sat by; Marks red hair glowed in the light as it flopped in front of his face. He was looking down at Daniel. His eyes were almost luminescent as he gazed at his son, a thoughtful smile engraved on his lips.
Hello this is your captain speaking.
A calm voice crackled through the speakers.
We'll be arriving in Washington in approximately 6 hours, but for now please relax, sit back and enjoy the flight.
"You hear that Dan?" Mark beamed, holding Dans tiny hands in his, "We're on our way to PAX!"