His Voice

It was 1 am and Y/N was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Just like her boyfriend, she never slept well. Although he always went to bed late cause he was working, where as she went to bed late cause she could just never shut her brain down. She had lost count of the amount of sunrises she had watched through exhausted, glossed-over eyes. No matter how tired, no matter how busy her day had been, there were some nights where sleep just wasn't an option. 

She suspected that this would be one of those nights. 

Slowly, she turned her head to face the empty space beside her and her hair prickled her eyes as her sigh brushed through it. Mark was working. On what she didn't know, but it can't have been filming as the familiar screams and laughter weren't echoing through the walls. Mark had moved his recording area out of their room so that Y/N could sleep but she felt bad about it. There seemed like no point if she was gonna stay awake all night anyway. 

Suddenly, the noise from a guitar pricked up Y/N's ears. She listened. Soft footsteps fumbled through the hallway before disappearing. It was quiet again. Once again, another note called from the room next door. Y/N sat up in her bed, facing the wall that separated her and Mark. What was he doing? 

She listened even closer before the sound of a guitar being strummed, filled the room. It was a soothing, steady rhythm and Y/N closed her eyes to it. Opening her eyes again, she stood up and slipped on her warm hoodie. As she went to sit in the comfy arm chair across the room, she heard something that made her stop in her tracks. Mark was singing. His angelic voice floated through the walls and hit her like a wave. Every note he sang was so strong and so pure. Quickly, she turned to the door, opened it and left the room. Her cold feet pattered down to Mark's recording room, his music getting louder and louder. She opened his door.

At his desk, Mark sat. In his hands was a large guitar and his eyes were deeply concentrated on the screen in front of him. She didn't know the song but what ever it was, sounded beautiful coming from him.

"Mark?" She spoke softly, not wanting to startle him. He looked up and saw Y/N standing sheepishly by the door. He stopped playing and his eyes softened their gaze on her.

"Hey, you OK?" He smiled.

"That's really beautiful." Mark beamed, hugging the guitar to his chest, "What song is it?"

"I wrote it." He said proudly.

"What? really?" Y/N was shocked, she had barely heard him play an instrument let alone write a song.

"Yeah, come listen." Y/N walked into the room, shutting the door behind her. Mark pushed out a small chair next to him and Y/N sat down. Once again, he began playing his song. It was a slow, smooth song with soft minor chords and like a lullaby, soothed Y/N. Mark was so engrossed in each lyric and every finger positioning, his brow furrowed slightly at any difficult chords and relaxed when singing the softer notes. Y/N gazed at her boyfriend and admired him. He was so handsome and his voice so beautiful. She tucked her feet up on to the chair and rested her head in her knees. And slowly, as each chord lulled her, she felt her eyes close and her mind fall into rest. Mark played on, singing the lullaby he wrote for her.

Ok I am so sorry that this took so long, I had a sort of uninspired week or so where I just couldn't write and I'm super sorry so here, have this. Hope you enjoyed it :)