Oculus Rift

"Woh! This is so trippy guys. OK, let me get my balance." I heard Y/N say from outside her office. She was testing the Oculus Rift out for the first time on her channel by playing Windlands. I stood outside her door for a few seconds as I passed through the hallway on my way to my office, before I carried on walking and sat down at my desk to start editing. 

Y/N's upload scheduled was a lot like mine only when she was filming, I was editing and vice versa. The fact that she did Youtube daily too was perfect as it meant neither one of us ever felt left alone; we both understood each other's work schedules but still spent time with each other. Plus, I could easily make videos with her with us both being gamers and room mates as my excuse, you see we hadn't told the  internet that we were together yet. We had just finished a lot of big projects on Youtube and I was enjoying the little period of quiet in our fandoms, it was rare. 

As I started editing, I heard Y/N laughing and talking through the wall that separated us. I could picture exactly what she looked like as she giggled and spoke. I could almost see her half smile after she told a goofy joke and the way she always shook her head and laughed at herself. I kept editing but soon I became lonely, despite hearing her happy voice. Quickly, I saved my work and jumped awya from my desk. I plodded down the hallway to her door until I stopped at her door and I remembered. I couldn't just interrupt her video and say I missed her, that would just give us away wouldn't it? Ugh, all this sneaking around is so stupid! I don't want to lie to my fans any more. 

Then I got an idea. I didn't want to pretend any more, so I quietly pushed open Y/N's door. Slowly, I peaked into her room where she was sat at her desk, her filming equipment surrounding her. Placing each foot as delicately as I could, I tip toed too Y/N's desk. My heart beating out of my chest, I finally saw myself appear on Y/N's camera. Silently, I waved to the audience. I had to act quick before she looked up so I positioned myself right next to Y/N. She still hadn't noticed and continued her commentary. 

"Wooosh! I'm like spiderma- OH JESUS, I almost fell. haha" Her sudden cry scared the crap out of me and I had to wait a few seconds, my hand on my heart, before I calmed down again. 

Y/N looked around the game, still oblivious to what was going on. Then, she lifted her head slightly and I saw my moment. I softly placed my hand on her neck and kissed her. She pulled back for a second, shocked, before realising it was me and leaning back into our familiar kiss. Her hands fell to rest on my neck as she blindly kissed back.

Slowly, I pulled away and she lifted the Oculus Rift off of her face. She giggled as her beautiful eyes met mine and then turned them to the camera. She went to explain to the audience but just ended laughing and shaking her head. "How do I explain that?!" She smiled at me.

"Well that's all the time we have for this episode!" I exclaimed as Y/N threw her head back in laughter behind me, "She'll see you in the next video!"

"Bu-Bye!" Y/N cheered and stopped the camera. Then she turned to me as I stood proudly. "We'll that was easier than we thought!"

"Their gonna lose their minds over that."

"It will probably end up being my most viewed video." Y/N stood and slipped her arms around my waist, "At least we don't have to pretend." 

"I don't ever want to pretend that I don't love you.", I placed a hand behind her head an leant into kiss Y/N again. My wonderful girlfriend.