Chapter 27

"Stanford was great. The people and teachers were very friendly and helpful. Even if you think you won't fit in,you actually will. And the campus is beautiful. It's also were I met my girlfriend Jess. Without her I don't think I would have been able to push myself through college. But, we graduated together. And it was the best 6 years of my life." Sam rambled on to me with this gleam in his eyes. Especially when he mentions Jess. I couldn't help but smile at him as he talked about the woman he loved. He kinda chuckled and put his hands together on the space where my foot would have been if I didn't have it pulled up towards my body. Then he looked at me.
"You actually remind me of her." He smiled and shook his head.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble." He ran his hand through his hair and inhaled.
"You love her don't you, Sam?" I asked him smiling.
"I actually plan on marrying her next Saturday. It's her birthday that day."
"I'm so happy for you! She'll say yes, I can guarantee it." I smiled at him.
"Thanks, Ramsey. Now, how about we talk about your case and lock Randy away." He nodded at me smiling and picked up a notepad and a pen. I smiled and nodded.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
After Sam and I finished talking about my case, I was released from the hospital. I decided to spend the rest of the day with Soda. My hips, legs and groin were still sore and it was kind of hard to walk. At times my lower abdomen would start to hurt. But then the pain would go away and it would come back. It was a repetitive pain but nothing I couldn't handel. The doctors gave me crutches to help ease some of the pain. When we got back to the house everything was quiet. I was hoping I wouldn't have any ghost run ins today. Soda led me to my room and helped me out of my clothes and into some more comfortable ones. It wasn't the first time Soda had seen me without clothes on. He's actually my first. We had just turned 16 a month prior and we were alone at his house. I don't regret it. We've done it many times after that. TMI RAMSEY! I know. But right now I wanted Soda. But and the same time I couldn't do it. I kept remembering what Randy did to me. Now, I just wanted Soda to hold me. Soda turned on the TV on my dresser at the end of my bed and put on a horror movie. Soda took off his flannel and put it on my chair. Now he was in long basketball shorts and a t-shirt. He climbed in bed with me and wrapped me up in his arms. I started to remember what happened to Mac, and what Randy did to me and my parents dying and I just started crying into Soda's chest. He grabbed the back of my head and started to stroke my hair. He didn't say a word. He grabbed the TV remote and turned off the TV then grabbed the remote to my stereo and turned it on. It Will Rain by Bruno Mars started playing again and Soda rubbed my back with his finger tips and just held me until I drifted into unconsciousness.