Chapter 40

"Ramsey, you're not past helping." Soda said. Tears were welling up in his eyes. I put the bandages back on the night stand and walked around to the end of the bed. I crawled up next to soda and laid down. I put my arm across his chest and he rested his hand on top of it. I buried my face and his neck and started crying. I was falling deeper and deeper Into this hole and I was losing sight of the light at the top. I was pushing Soda away. And I knew exactly what I was doing. We laid there for what seemed like years before I drifted into unconsciousness.
When I woke up the room was dark and colder than ever. My skin broke out into bumps and my breath hitched in my throat. I knew exactly what was happening. I sat up and looked around the room. The clock read 3:00. The Witching Hour. I started to feel nervous. I could hear something scratching around in the corner behind me. I turned around and saw the black figure that has visited me many times before. My stomach dropped and my blood ran cold. I could see it's eyes. Red glowing almond shaped holes in a mass of nothing but madness and darkness. It looked at me and started to crawl along the wall, never taking its eyes off of me. It crouched in the far corner and growled deeply. Then, it lunged at me. When I flinched, it vanished. An instant felling of exhaustion came over my entire body and I fell back asleep.
As I woke once more I still felt cold. The room was still freezing. Soda was already awake and in the bathroom changing his bandages. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of Soda's sweatpants. I grabbed my black jacket off the floor and slipped it on over my white tank top. As I pulled the sleeve over my right arm, the feeling of pins and needles ran up my limb and into my shoulder. I took the jacket back off and what I saw almost made me scream. I had three long, deep gashes that ran from my shoulder down to the top of my hand. My heart started to race.
"Soda!" I shouted. I ripped my jacket off and started to hastily walk towards the door. My back was completely locked up. Soda walked to the bathroom doorway.
"What? What's wrong?" Soda asked. He held his hands out towards me and I walked closer to him.
"Something attacked me last night. Look at my arm!" Soda gently grabbed my arm and his eyes widened.
"Jesus Ramsey!" What happened to you?" Soda asked.
"I don't know. All I remember is I woke up around 3 this morning and that thing was here. It jumped at me!" I was starting to panic. This thing had attacked me before. But now, it's marked me as it's own.
"Okay, alright. Go to Darry. Hopefully he'll know what to do." Soda instructed. I slowly walked to the kitchen. The boys were all gathered in there. I walked in and Steve nearly spit out his drink.
"Jesus Christ Ramsey! What the Hell happened to your arm?!" Steve gently reached for my arm. I let go and let him examine it.
"If I knew, I would tell you. Soda wants Darry to look at it." Darry walked over.
"Let me see." I carefully put my arm out towards him. He put his hand under my bicep and let me rest my arm in his hand. He gently ran his thumb over the edge of the far left scratch. It burned slightly as he touched it.
"Huh." Darry said. His brow furrowed.
"What?" I asked.
"Well, the scratches are definitely deep. But there's no blood clotting around the wound. It looks as if it was cauterize immediately after your skin was cut." Darry continued to examine the wounds and Dally walked over. Darry turned my arm slightly so Dally could get a better look.
"See how her skin is all irritated around the wound. But if you look around the edges there's no blood clotting." Dally gently took my arm from Darry. He pulled at the edges slightly. It burned dully again.
"Darry, these look like they're from some sort of animal. Where the hell did these come from?"