Chapter 2 - Caramel Macchiato

Song - Andy Grammer, Keep Your Head up 

~Jessica

So, what can't you take? Decide which of the two options is harder, and do the other. That way, no matter how hard your choice turns out to be, at least you can find comfort in knowing you're avoiding something even worse.
-Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed

------------------------------------------------

+Hunter's POV+

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock.

I groaned feeling hungover and tried to get up before realizing that I wasn't alone in my bed. Beside me, laid the same woman from the interview.

What the hell is she doing here?

I don't know, ask your damn self.

I am yourself, dumbass.

"Heyyyy...." She purred.

Suddenly, it all came rushing back to me.

Yesterday, after having Payton's roommate pickup, and telling her that Payton was hired, I couldn't get Payton out of my head.

There was just something about her that separated her from the others; she was like a shining star in the pitch black night.

I spent the rest of the afternoon drinking trying to forget about her; I was mentally beating myself up for being so distracted... over a woman nonetheless. A small voice at the back of my head was telling me to just call one of my hook ups.

Just invite some woman over and you'll forget about her and feel better, my mind was telling me.

I had remembered the woman in the purple dress from the interview, at first hesitating to call her. What if she turned out to be crazy? What if she wouldn't leave me alone afterwards? It would be a total burden.

But I guess I was intrigued enough to find out, because I was now right next to her naked.

I was completely used to these types of situations but this time, it felt different. I didn't feel better at all. In fact, I felt worse.

I got up from the bed and started putting on my suit.

"What are you doing?" The voice demanded.

"Going to work, now lock the door before you leave," I said already walking out.

"Get your ass back over here!" the female voice screamed.

I continued to walk. The last thing I heard was her yelling, "ASSHOLE" before hearing the door slam shut.

I didn't really mind considering that I was used to breaking a few hearts here and there; they should have known from the very beginning that they weren't in my interest for the long run.

My main chauffer and bodyguard, Bill was already out front waiting for me. As always, he drove me to work.

I gave him a nod before entering the limo.

All I could think about on the way to work was Payton. For the first time in my life I felt something new, something that I could only describe as feeling a bit guilty.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I didn't know.

Gosh Hunter, you really are pathetic.

+Payton's POV+

"No please Adam, you don't have to do this!" I pleaded trying to back away but I was already against the wall. He got closer.