You Asked, I Answered!

Hello everyone! As promised, here is the long and awaited Q and A! 

Thank you to everyone who left questions, it was so fun to be able to answer them all <3

I'm not going to go one and on in this author's note like I usually do, so without further ado, let's begin =)

(btw, you're welcome for the video I linked with this chapter.)

~Jessica

1. What was your drive/encouragement to write and continue writing this novel even though it might not have  been a success, especially with it only being the only one on your account? 

I just really enjoyed writing! I never really planned on the story to actually go anywhere, so it didn't really discourage me from not writing because no one took notice of it. My story only gained 500 reads during the first year that I was writing it and to be honest, I was elated to even know that one person was actually reading what I wrote! I wrote this story intending it to be just for fun, and never expected it to become what it is today so thank you guys for giving me this chance! I owe you all so so much <3

2. Who's your favorite character that you developed?

Ooh, that's a tough question and it took me some time to really think it through. I think that I'd have to say Hunter though. He grew a lot as a character throughout the whole story, and I'm quite proud of him to say the least :) I enjoyed writing his little up and down moments and seeing his personality slowly change throughout the chapters. It was fun to make him look like a cold, arrogant playboy at the beginning, but seeing his emotional and romantic side play out with Payton steadily allowed me to really understand and start liking him. Sure, he made some really (REALLY) stupid mistakes throughout the journey, but who doesn't? We don't grow if we don't learn from our errors. Hunter has truly come far, I think he deserves a round of applause ;)

3. What tips/advice would you give to a writer who is just starting off?

I could probably talk day and night on this, but I'll just give you guys the tips that I think are most important. 

1. Don't compare yourself to other writers! I know it sounds cheesy, but seriously, it's something that I still do a lot and it discourages me most of the times. You see these amazing writers all the time on Wattpad and even on other platforms, and you start to think that you can never write something as good as them-- and that's why a lot of people never end up finishing or even publishing the first chapter of their story. It really breaks my heart when I see aspiring writers bury their dreams because they don't see their full potential and think that their not as good as others when what they don't realize, is that even the biggest writers you see these days started off just like any one of us. Be confident in your work! Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Comparison is the thief of joy," and he was right. What makes us all unique is the differences we have; if authors like Stephen King and J.K Rowling were so fixated on comparing their work, they would have never become who they are now.