Chapter 3 - Cheaters Never Win

Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter of chasing after the P.A! I know it took a long time for this chapter to be published and I apologize for that.

But, without further ado, let's begin!

Jessica~

Song- Twenty One Pilots, Not Today. (Because I'm in love with this song and I wrote this chapter while listening to it :P)

"Cheating and lying aren't struggles, they're reasons to break up."
― Patti Callahan Henry, Between the Tides

-------------------------

After four arduous hours on and off the phone I was finally able to finish setting up all the meetings. It didn't go as smoothly as I thought it would have though.

The first person I had on the list of contacts that I'd have to set up meetings with was Mr. Moore. Known as the second most successful business man after Mr. Blackthorne.

He answered almost instantly.

"What?" He squawked into the phone.

For someone who was upper class and worked in London as a boss for one of the most successful businesses on earth, he was nothing like what he sounded like in interviews on TV. But what do you expect? The majority of the CEOs in this line of work were cocky as hell. Most of them studied hard at a young age, then inherited the position from their parents when they were old enough. They believed that they were unstoppable, that nothing could get in their way.

"Hello, is this Mr. Moore?" I asked in the most confident tone I could muster up.

"Who else would it be?" The gruff voice on the other end boomed.

I don't know, I could have mistaken you as a British Satan, but you know, just my opinion.

Trying my best to keep my cool, I simply answered, "No one Mr. Moore, I'm just calling to--"

He cut me off. "Are you that stripper Bambi from last week? Because I swear, I already mailed my payment--" I almost choked from holding in my laughter. It took me a few moments to compose myself again.

"No, Mr. Moore, this is not Bambi. I'm Ms. Flores--" I was interrupted by him again.

Honestly, dude, I would suggest you let me finish before shaming yourself even more...

"Wait, are you from that strip club from Vegas last month because I could have sworn I already paid you..."

This guy is a real chick magnet... But all jokes aside, doesn't he already have a wife?

I cleared my throat before speaking again. I didn't know if I should be laughing at how quickly he jumped to conclusions which might I add were pretty far-fetched, or scold him for being so promiscuous. I settled for neither.

"Mr. Moore, I'll have you know that I'm neither of those women. I am simply Mr. Blackthorne's P.A calling to arrange a meeting between you two," I said with a hint of amusement in my voice.

The line went silent for a few moments.

So now he decides not to cut me off. Could have saved you a lot more dignity if you had just done that earlier. But, we learn from our mistakes right? Unless that mistake is spilling the beans about all your affairs that you've been having behind you wife's back to the P.A of your number one competitor then, you're kind of out of luck.

There's no way I was going to let him live that down after having him call me a stripper and finding out that he was cheating on his wife. It was one thing for women to sell themselves out like they were nothing but objects, but it was another for men like him to go along with it especially when he was already involved with a woman who had no idea about any of this.