Chapter 30 - Bonding With Exes

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter of Chasing After the PA and Oh my fuzzy chicken nuggets. We Hit 100K readsssssss111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, what the fudge? Like I can't even describe what the heck I'm feeling right now. I started this story on December 15 of 2015 and... this just goes to show you how bad I am at updating this story but thank you for sticking around :3 But seriously. Thank you guys for reading and voting. I never could imagine the story reaching 100 reads let alone 100K so thank you!

I love each and every one of you and appreciate every vote, read and comment that you guys leave.

Alright, enough with the sappy crap, there's enough of it in the story. lmao, but really. Thank you guys, <3

Anywho, enjoy the chapter and I'll see you at the end of this chapter. <3

Song - Halsey, Ghost

~Jessica

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be."

― Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

************************************

+Hunter's POV+

I woke up with the worst hangover.

The pounding in my head increased as the sun bleeding from the blinds came, blinding me at full force.

"G-Good morning," I heard a voice call out.

I sat up and looked over at the doorway where Payton stood with a tray of food in her hands.

"Good morning," I said, my voice raspy.

She walked over, placing the tray down on the nightstand, then picking up a glass of water and a pill. She handed it over to me, "Here, you must have a headache from last night."

I accepted it. "Thanks." I swallowed the pill down with a few gulps of water then placed the glass back down.

"I made you some breakfast," She said quietly gesturing to the tray.

Chocolate chip pancakes and a bowl of kiwi.

My favourite fruit. I felt a small smile creep onto my lips and I looked at her, "Thanks."

She nodded, seeming a bit more relieved from the smile that I sent her. I noticed that she was sitting on the very edge of the bed so I patted the spot beside me. "Come, sit here. Eat breakfast with me."

Slowly but hesitantly, she made her way over. I brought the tray closer and placed it in between the two of us.

Everything seemed awkward and stiff but seeing what happened last night, I couldn't blame her nor I.

As we sat there, with me eating silently and her occasionally picking up a piece of fruit, I contemplated whether or not it was a good time to bring what happened last night up.

As I opened my mouth to speak, she started.

+Payton's POV+

I could feel the tension in the room the moment that he had waken up.

As we sat next to each other, silently eating, I thought back about what Bill, Becca and Xavier all told me.

Talk to him.

I looked at Hunter as he placed another forkful of pancakes into his mouth, and chewed slowly.

"I'm sorry," I said softly. He froze. "I wasn't thinking straight last night and some things that I said, I didn't mean them. They were just fears."