Epilogue

Hello, everyone! Here's the long and awaited epilogue! 

It feels surreal to be saying that, I didn't ever imagine that this story would come so far and that so many people would actually read this story, so thank you!

If I were able to dedicate this story personally to each and everyone of you, I would <3

As mentioned a few times already, a Q and A will be coming out after this epilogue (Probably in a week or so), so if you guys still have any questions, this is your last chance to send them in. You can comment them here, send them to me through my private messages, or on my message board! I look forward to answering them all! <3

Other than that, I just want to thank you guys again, It has been a wild ride and I couldn't have asked for more supportive readers to join me on this adventure :)

Without further ado, here is the moment that we've all been waiting for; the epilogue. 

Song - James Arthur, Say You Won't Let Go 

~jessica 

"Build your life on your dreams; because dreams never have bad endings."

-M.F. Moonzajer

******************

"ID please," the woman asked me through the protective glass.

I slid my driver's license through the little opening at the bottom of the glass separating us and bit my lip anxiously. As the woman scanned my card into their database, she looked back up at me again, "Please state your full name clearly."

"Payton Blackthorne," I said, the name just sliding off my tongue.

A hint of recognition sparked in her eyes, "Mrs. Blackthorne. We can get you some extra security-"

I stopped her. "It's quite alright, thank you." I held onto my sweater tightly and shifted on my feet. "Can I just go see him now?"

Without another word, she nodded and gestured to the officer. "He's going to accompany you down."

I smiled tightly at the large burly man in uniform as he opened a door leading further into the building.

As we walked down the corridor silently, the mood completely changed as I really thought about where I was. From the moment I stepped into the prison, there was an uncanny feeling that began to bottle up at the pit of my stomach, and the more I thought about it, the more the feeling stuck.

I could hear echoes of men yelling and the sound of chains rattling. I swallowed hard.

It's okay Payton. You can do this. You have to do this.

We stopped in front of a metal door.

I looked at the officer with me and he slowly unlocked the door.

"There will be officers outside if anything happened," he informed. "You have half an hour."

I nodded before walking in; I knew that this didn't need half an hour.

I stared directly at the man in chains, sat across from me. Nothing really changed in his appearance other than the beard he had growing in.

A wheezy laugh erupted from his lips sending chills up my spine, "I knew you'd still come crawling back to me."

"You're not that special Adam," I finally spoke.

He didn't react to the remark I made instead, he looked at me smugly. "How long has it been darling? Three years? Four?"