Chapter 43 - Grey

Hello everyone!

Here's a new chapter! (It's early for the first time in forever lol.)

Anyways, I'm glad that you guys are still enjoying the story, and as always thank you for all the support :)

As always, comment, vote and share. I'll see you guys at the end of the chapter :D

Love you guys <3

Please ignore any typos, I'm tired af.

Song- The Hush Sound, You Are The Moon

~Jessica

"There are memories that time does not erase... Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable."

-Cassandra Clare

*****************

"Ma'am, you don't have enough evidence to prove that she's been kidnapped," the emergency responder on the phone said.

"She hasn't been home since this morning, and I received a text message saying that she's not coming back," I said, aggravated by the conversation I was having. For the past five minutes, I had been trying to get the police to file a missing person's report, but to no avail.

"If she doesn't turn up for another twenty-four hours, then call back, and we'll take it from there," The woman on the phone said.

"My best friend is out there missing, and you're telling me to wait another day?!" I yelled.

"Ma'am please calm down," they responded.

"No! Don't tell me to calm down! If you're not willing to help, then I'll do it on my own!" I hung up, and slammed my phone down on the couch.

I hid my face with my hands, and sat there in silence.

"Ms. Flores?"

I looked up and saw Bill walk into the apartment.

"Gonzalez called me and I came over straight away," he said, concerned.

I picked up my phone and opened the message I had received from Becca's phone. "Look."

"Are you sure she's not just playing around?" Bill asked.

I shook my head, "She wouldn't do that." I sighed, and rubbed my face, "What the hell do I do?"

"Wasn't Gideon supposed to watch Becca?" Beckett questioned.

"That right," I remembered. "I haven't seen Gideon in a while." I got up, and walked over to the room that Gideon supposedly was staying in, and noticed that everything was the same as I remembered it to be. Nothing was out of place, and no personal belongings were there.

"That's weird," I scratched my head in confusion.

Bill joined me and examined the area. "It doesn't look like anyone's been staying here at all."

There was a sinister feeling in the room, one that I hadn't felt ever since I left Adam's home. Something was definitely wrong.

"Everything's untouched," I pointed out. "Unless he's just really good at cleaning up."

"But something still seems strange," Bill furrowed his eyebrows and looked around the guest bedroom. Suddenly, he speed-walked over to the window, and grabbed something on the windowsill, "It's a phone."

There wasn't a password on it, so Bill just swiped the screen and got onto the home screen. I went over to get a better look at what he was seeing, and noticed that the phone had nothing personal on it. The wallpaper was generically set, and there were no additional apps downloaded. Bill tapped on the call log icon and it opened up.