Chapter 41 - I Quit

guess who's back, back, back, back again-gain-gain? Okay, I'm going to stop.

Sorry for the cringe lol.

Anyway, I'm back with a new chapter! Woohoo!

I've read all the comments on the last chapter and I'd like to apologize for making you guys cry XD

I'm so sorry! I still love you guys!

I want to say that this chapter happier but... then you'd be disappointed because it's not.... oops.

Enjoy the chapter?

Song- Passenger, Let Her Go

~Jessica

"If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave."

-Mo Willems

*************

+Payton's POV+

This has got to be a joke, just breathe Payton, breathe.

He didn't mean anything of what he said; that's what I kept on trying to tell myself.

My hand burned like it was on fire from slapping Hunter's face; I could only imagine the pain he was going through at the moment but I didn't care. I was angry, angry that he used my weaknesses against me. Angry that he had the audacity to say those things to me.

Amelia was behind all this somehow, I knew it; but I couldn't believe that whatever she said was able to sway Hunter.

I really did think that Hunter had changed, he proved me wrong. I guess all the doubts I had were right, and I really wasn't enough for him to stay.

"Nothing good can come out of something like this Payton," I said to myself. I walked into what was my bedroom for the past few months and grabbed a sweater and my phone. "I didn't know what you would expect from something like this, I knew it was a bad idea."

It was my fault why I felt like shit at the moment, and I couldn't blame anyone else for it. I knew the consequences of dating someone like him, and even told him about them; but I still decided to continue on with this relationship.

The smartest thing that I should've done was leave sooner; or not even start the relationship at all.

"Well maybe if you listened to your brain instead of your heart, none of this would have happened," I scolded my self. I ran down the steps to the main entrance and unlocked the door. Looking back one last time, I noticed Hunter open his door slightly and look at me.

I held back the tears that wanted to desperately escape like a bird in a cage, and gave him a strong glare before turning around and heading straight out the door.

Slamming it behind me, I began to run down the driveway and onto the road.

*****

My old apartment was pretty far away from Hunter's mansion.

I probably looked like some drug dealer with my head down, wearing an oversized hoodie, and my hands in my pocket just roaming the dark streets of New York. Tears were rolling down my cheek as I made zero attempt to wipe them away. I kept on sniffling; which half of the reason was from crying while the other was from the cool air hitting my face.

I hadn't tried calling anyone from my phone because I didn't want to bother any of my friends. It was late, and I could deal with this on my own.

Turning a corner, I noticed a few people run over to my side of the sidewalk, and suddenly there were flashes blinding me and people yelling.