Chapter 49 - Cucumber

Hello buddies!

Welcome back to another chapter! Woot Woot!

This will probably be the last chapter (or second last) until I have to start school again which is on September 5th for me, so I just wanted to quickly say good luck to everyone who's starting or has already started :)

I promise that you're all going to do just fine cause y'all are bad bitches and can slay everything.

So ya know, go into this school year thinking positively, and just enjoy it :) You're not going to be in school forever so have fun while it lasts. Do yo work, make yo parents proud, make ya girl Jessica proud ;) But most of all, make yourself proud.

Anyways, enough with that. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter thank you for all the support and I'll see you at the end of it :)

Song - Hedley, Love Again

~Jessica

"Everyone has that moment I think, the moment when something so momentous happens that it rips your very being into small pieces. And then you have to stop. For a long time, you gather your pieces. And it takes such a very long time, not to fit them back together, but to assemble them in a new way, not necessarily a better way. More, a way you can live with until you know for certain that this piece should go there, and that one there."
― Kathleen Glasgow

************************

The gun was pointed straight at Jordan.

"Adam, Please," I begged frantically. "Don't do it." Anxiety and panic was pouring out of me.

"It's not worth it," Bill said extremely calmly. "Just put the gun down."

"You know I can't do that," Adam snickered. "I'd lose if I did that."

You're already outnumbered as it is," Jordan kept his hands up in defense, "Even if you shoot me, you're not going to get past all them."

I decided to do something extremely rash out of desperation and quickly hugged Adam to distract him. I didn't know how that was supposed to help, but I did it . "I'm begging you, don't."

He somewhat loosened up under my touch only to wrap one arm around my waist and squeeze it tightly. He pecked the top of my head, and leaned down towards my ear. "I'm doing this for us, baby. I'm sorry that you're going to have to see this."

Gonzalez and Beckett tried to make a move but Adam quickly shot at the floor. The loud sound made me scream in surprise. "Don't even think about it," he threatened. "If you even try to come closer, you're all losing your lives."

"Come on Adam," Gideon tried to plea. "He doesn't need to die her, no one does. Not even you."

"Stop trying to protect your boyfriend," Adam sneered. "He broke your heart, remember? This is payback."

"No!"

We turned to look at Steph who was in a state of panic.

"Please Adam, Honey," she cried. Her tears ran down her face like waterfalls. "Don't kill him."

"Still favoring one child over the other, huh?' Adam questioned in a fit of rage. His whole body was shaking. He quickly let go of me, and shoved me backwards. "He ruined my life! You did as well!"

"I haven't even seen him in years," she screamed back desperately. "It's all my fault, okay?" She sobbed. "It's my fault."

A laugh escaped Adam's mouth. "Why don't you tell me more, mother?"