Chapter 44 - Between Two Worlds

Hello people! I'm back with a new chapter!

I'm going to be quite honest for a moment, and say that I felt kind of off while writing this one-probably because I hate writing these melancholy parts- but I've completed it.

Geez, I honestly feel like I'm putting myself in a worse and worse mood writing these chapters because of how downhill they've been... I'm eating from a tub of ice cream as I write this.

Also, on a happier note, thanks for over 8K Votes! It still feels so surreal that so many people read my story, and I appreciate every single one of you *kisses*

Anyway, comment, vote and most of all enjoy :)

Song - Shawn Hook, Sound Of Your Heart

~Jessica

"You can have a pet zebra and put that zebra into a small cage every day and tell the zebra that you love it, but no matter how you and the zebra love each other, the fact remains, that the zebra should be let out of that cage and should belong to someone who can treat it better, the way it should be treated, someone who can make it happy."

-C. JoyBell C.

*************

+Payton's POV+

The world felt as if it was spinning as I woke up. The lights blinded me as my eyes began to slowly open.

I groaned, and tried to get up, but realized that I was being held by someone.

"Hey, shh just relax," they tried to soothe.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and tried to abate the pounding headache I had. "What- where am I?"

"Home, sweetheart, home."

My thoughts were all jumbled together, and I couldn't think straight. "Home? Hunter?"

"Hmm, not quite honey. Better."

I suddenly felt myself being placed down on a hard surface, and I opened my eyes. Trying really hard to make him out, I could make out a looming figure knee down in front of me, and grab one of my wrists. "Adam?"

The black haired, grey-eyed man came into focus, "Don't worry baby, I'm here."

Oh dear God, I really hoped not.

Quickly, I tried to get up but I found myself being tied tightly to a chair. "Let me go!"

A little smirk reached Adam's face as he stood back up. "I can't do that for now. Maybe sometime later."

"What the hell did you do with Becca. You said that-"

"I let her go," Adam said, tracing my face with his finger. "I promised you that I wouldn't hurt her, didn't I?"

I nodded, "If I came with you, then you wouldn't hurt her."

"And I didn't," Adam said, suddenly noticing the skeptical look on my face. "You trust me don't you? I thought there'd be more trust in this relationship." He began to pout like a toddler.

If you want any chance to get out from here, you better try to get on his good side Payton.

"I trust you Adam," I swallowed hard. "I know that you'd listen to me."

He smiled again. "That's a good start."

I observed the area around me and noticed that we were in a small room with no windows. "Where did you take me?" I pulled on my restraints even more but it was no use.