Chapter 15 - Necklace Of Lies

Hey guys! Welcome back to a new installment of Chasing After the PA! I'd like to start of by thanking you for all the support I've been getting on the story recently! It means so much to me that I know that you guys enjoy the story and it motivates me to write even more <3 School is starting in about a week (Pls kill meh) so I don't know if my upload schedule will still be regular, I'll try my best but I do put school before anything else so I can't guarantee that there will be a chapter every week :)

Anyways, I do hope that you guys enjoy this chapter, continue to vote, comment and share and I'll see you guys later <3

Song- Lana Del Rey, Young and Beautiful

~Jessica

"I love you, Emily. I will always love you. This life and the one after and the one after that. I will always only love you." Her soft laughter filled the room. "We only get one life," she said. "I don't believe that. I won't accept it. I want a million lives with you. You're my heaven."

― Abbi Glines, Kiro's Emily

--------------------------------------------

I, Payton Flores hated hospitals.

I hated how they always smelt of antiseptics. I hated how all the rooms in the hospital looked the same; cold, gray and lacking in any personality. I hated how it was a place of either life or death, nothing in between. People either came here to die or to live. I hated how cynical the place was, how insincere everyone working there behaved. I hated how this place contained some of my worst memories. I remembered my uncle, the only other family member I knew of being diagnosed with cancer in a hospital and I remembered seeing him die in a hospital and the doctors telling my mother that he was gone, my mother collapsing into my father's arms and my father attempting to contain his tears while comforting her.

I sprinted into the waiting room with Hunter close behind me catching the attention of others in there. I could feel my heart trying to escape through my throat as I raced past everyone and almost toppled over the receptionist desk.

"I'm looking for Jordan Swimmer," I panted, my hair wild.

The receptionist at the desk, a lady, probably a few years older than me didn't speak. Instead, she stared blankly at what was behind me, Hunter. I rolled my eyes and pounded my fists on the desk. I didn't care if I looked crazy right now, my friend was in one of the rooms here, possibly dying. "Excuse me! I'm looking for a patient here named Jordan Swimmer."

"Ah, yes," the receptionist snapped out of it. "Jordan Swimmer, let me check, room 213."

I quickly thanked her and broke into a sprint again. Finally, I reached his room.

I wasn't prepared to see what I did.

Jordan was laying on the hospital bed. He was attached to an iv and multiple machines, tubes were in his throat and nose. His face was battered and bruised. Gideon was sitting beside him holding his hand.

"He's in a coma." Gideon's voice was shaky.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked my voice breaking. Hunter tried comforting me by placing a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. "Could- could you just give me a minute?"

Hunter nodded and kissed my temple. "I'll be outside if you need me."

As Hunter left and closed the door, I sat down beside Gideon.

"It was all my fault," Gideon whispered.

"Gideon," I sighed. "You can't blame yourself-"

"No! You don't get it! It is my fault! He's like this because of me! Because I couldn't just fucking stay away from him!" Gideon collapsed onto my shoulder and I hugged him. "I love him God dammit! I love him so fucking much!"