Chapter 45 - I Miss Her

Whooo! New chapter!

There's not a lot to say today in this author's note expect for that I hope you enjoy it :)

*whispers* there may be Hunter's point of view in it ;)

Anyways as always, thank you guys so much for all your support on this story and I'll see you guys at the end of this chapter!

Song - Troye Sivan, BITE

~Jessica

"This was a new skill she'd acquired, the ability to look, to the outside world, utterly serene and even cheerful, while, in her skull, all was chaos."

― Dave Eggers, The Circle

***************************

Oh, this was just perfect.

I was currently locked in my old room, and the person I thought was kidnapped and a friend, was actually working with my ex-boyfriend.

Gideon had locked me in my room, and all I was left with was my own thoughts eating me up.

I looked around the room, and sighed.

This room was mine for as long as I could remember.

The pictures that were all framed on the wall of my family and I seemed to silently torture yet also comfort me at the same time.

All the pictures reminded me of a time when I was actually carefree and happy; a time that I could only remember having again when I was still with Hunter.

God, I missed him.

As I looked around the room, I could remember a different memory in every inch of the place. I had helped my mother and father decorate and renovate my bedroom when I was fourteen, and maybe that's why I kept it completely the same even after they passed.

Everything in this bedroom held some sort of sentimental value, it was somewhat funny how that worked.

Nothing in my bedroom seemed to hold any sort of worth until something tragic happened; then even the dust in it meant something to me.

I grew up knowing this room, and now it was my prison.

I laid down on my bed, and let the mattress support my weight. I wondered if anyone was looking for me at that exact moment. I wondered if anyone missed me.

My eyes felt heavy the more and more I tried not to fall asleep again. I didn't want to dream about Hunter again; not because I didn't want to see him, but because I knew he wasn't real.

No matter how much protest I made to not fall asleep, my body began to shut down and I eventually passed out.

The sound of the waves crashing onto the rocks was like a sweet lullaby.

I looked up at the bright sky, the sun was almost blinding. The rays beamed down on me as I lay there in the sand.

There was something about being on a deserted beach, without anyone in sight that was so ideal.

It felt relaxing, it was a place where I could just let go.

"When I was younger, I used to always watch Cinderella. It was my favourite movie of all time."

Hunter was suddenly cuddled up next to me, with his arm under my neck.

"I didn't like the movie just because it involved a rich and handsome prince, which I obviously could relate to," he joked. "But also, because it taught me that if you really do look hard enough, you'll find beauty in the most unlikely places. Cinderella wasn't the most richest when she first met the prince, but he fell in love with her regardless. He searched all over the kingdom just to find her. He didn't care if she was just a maid for her step-family, he loved her despite it."