Chapter 16 - A Poke To The Butt And A Kiss On The Lips

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter of Chasing After The PA! Now this will be the last chapter before I start school again so chapters may not be as frequent as I want them to be :( I will try to have at least 1 chapter out every two or three weeks and although I do have my chapters planned, I won't really have the time to be always writing them like I did during summer so I apologize in advance for any late-late uploads. I like to take my time on writing each chapter, I believe in quality over quantity and since school is starting, It will take me even more time than usual to write a chapter since I will be focused more on school than anything else (haha Asian parents and all) :P.

I just hope that you guys can understand and... yeah, that's all I wanted to say.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter, vote, comment and share and I'll see you all later <3

Song- Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud

~Jessica

"I was afraid. Of getting hurt in other ways. To be truthful, I still am."

His thumb stroked her cheek. "I would never hurt you."

"I don't think you can promise me that." She squeezed his bruised fingers. "But it makes things a bit more equal, to know that I can hurt you, too."

His gaze fell to her lips. he said simply, without any trace of irony, "You are killing me."

-Tessa dare, One Dance With A Duke

**********************************

A week had gone by and Jordan still hadn't woken up.

The flowers sent to his room had started shrivelling up, just like the hope that Gideon had of Jordan waking up. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't worried that Jordan was still in a coma but for Gideon's sake, I didn't show my anguish.

Although Hunter had this hostility towards Jordan, he still allowed me to see him each day after work before heading home. I visited Linda a few times while I was there, she never brought up our first ever conversation but always made sure to ask how Hunter and I were doing slipping in a few sly glances towards me earning a few confused looks from Hunter.

It was currently Monday morning, which meant another gruelling week at work. I was on my second cup of coffee already since nights at Hunter's were never the most relaxing. Although He did give me my own room to sleep in, knowing that I wasn't at home with Becca and that Jordan was still at the hospital kept me up.

I would have almost fallen asleep on my desk if it wasn't for the knock at the office door.

"Come in," I said as I fixed my hair and straightened my back.

Hunter walked in happily holding a magazine in one hand. "Payton! Just the person I was looking for!"

"This is my office," I spoke unenthusiastically, "who else do you think would be here other than me?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Anyway, look at this!" Hunter threw the magazine on my desk and gestured for me to pick it up.

The front page had a picture of Hunter and I kissing on the sidewalk.

There was large words at the bottom of the page:

Is Blackthorne in an even more serious relationship than we thought?

I felt my heart rate speed up a little at the thought of that night. I put the magazine down and looked at Hunter. "Okay, why did you show me this?"

Hunter sighed. "The public is starting to believe that we are a real couple, isn't that what you wanted?"

"Of course that's what I wanted," I said forcing smile. "But I have to warn you, the next time you try to kiss me you might be meeting my fist."