Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?

Hey guys I'm back! This chapter is coming out a bit earlier because I won't be able to post this on Friday since I'll be on vacation. Uploading schedule will be the same since I'll only be away for the weekend. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and as always, I'll see you at the end of the chapter.

Song- P!ATD, Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

~Jessica

"All your life you're yellow. Then one day you brush up against something blue, the barest touch, and voila, the rest of your life you're green."

― Tess Callahan

-------------------------

"Happy one month of working with me!"

I looked over at the door of my office and saw Hunter walking in wearing a kid's party hat and holding a small cake. I laughed at the sight of it as Hunter came over to my desk and placed the cake down. "Is this really worth celebrating?"

"Of course it is!" Hunter said taking off his hat. "You are the only PA who has survived working with me for a month."

"You're not that hard to work with, and I am fake dating and living with you so I'm used to being around you all the time."

"Yeah fake dating," Hunter mumbled the smile on his face vanished for a second before his mouth curved back up. "Anyways, want some cake?"

I looked at him for a few seconds then looked at the cake on my desk. It was slightly lopsided and the frosting was patchy. 'Happy One Month' was written in red icing. "Where did you get the cake?" I asked trying to keep my lips from twitching.

Hunter rubbed the back of his neck, "I actually made it myself." A tinge of red appeared on his face and I couldn't help myself from smiling.

"I didn't know you could bake," I said grabbing two paper plates as Hunter cut the cake.

"I can't," Hunter said placing a slice of cake onto my plate. "I was going to buy a cake but decided on originality."

I took a bite of the cake and smiled. Chocolate, my dad's favourite. "You should bake more often," I complimented. It wasn't the best looking but it tasted delicious.

Hunter took a bite from his slice and nodded. "I really should."

We sat in my office for a while talking and eating. Once we finished I looked at Hunter who was licking the last bit of frosting from his plate when he looked at me a laughed noticing the frosting on his cheek. I wiped it off with the back of my hand and Hunter smiled. Before I could take a napkin to wipe it off, Hunter captured my hand in his and brought it up to his mouth kissing it.

"Hey! What was that for?" I asked.

"Couldn't let that frosting go to waste," Hunter said grinning at me. "Anyways, we have dinner reservations at Blues tonight." I groaned on the inside remembering that the last time we went there, it was for me to sign that contract that started all of this. "I'll see you at eight."

"Alright."

With that, Hunter picked up the plates and utensils an walked out the door.

*****

"I think that you should wear the red dress." Becca was currently in my walk in closet, rifling through all the clothes that Erica and I had bought. I texted her a while a few hours ago panicking and asking her what I should wear.

"I don't know," Beckett said from my bed where he was lying down, "I mean, the black one looks good too."

"You're not making their job any easier by saying that Becket," Gonzalez said walking into the closet. He then picked up a lacy white dress that went down mid-thigh. "What about this one?"