Chapter 25 - Holiday Spirit

Hello people! So, here's a new chapter! It's been delayed for a while, actually, this story is always delayed. oops. But anyways, I'm finally on Christmas break yay! I'm going to try to write as much as possible over this break so chapters can be more frequent after the new year. This chapter is posted on Christmas Eve and I'm hoping that the Christmas special will be up tomorrow just in time for the holidays <3 That will be my Christmas present to all of you. I can't thank you guys enough for reading my story and none of this would have happened without any of you so thank you! If you don't celebrate Christmas or celebrate something else instead, I hope you guys have a great holiday season <3

If the next chapter isn't up by tomorrow, I hope that you guys all have a wonderful Christmas! <3

I had some help from my friend while writing this chapter (you know who you are) so thank you friend!

Anyways, I'll keep this authors note short and sweet, so I'll end it here!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and as always, I'll see you guys at then end of the chapter.

This chapter is completely unedited since I'm visiting my sister right now and the wifi here is really crappy. I'll edit it as soon as I get home or when I'm somewhere with better wifi. Hope you dont mind!

~Jessica

Song- Alessia Cara, Scars To Your Beautiful

"Every weakness contains within itself a strength." -Shusaku Endo

************************************************************

+Payton's POV+

I woke up from the light seeping through the blinds, I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes.

As my eyes slowly came back to focus, I noticed an unfamiliar weight on my stomach. I looked down to see Hunter there sleeping peacefully with a little content smile on his face.

What happened last night?

I thought back on everything leading up to this moment and things slowly came back to me.

Last night, I was awoken by another one of my nightmares, the ones about my parents. For some reason all the nightmares seemed to play like a broken record over and over again and never seemed to stop. It was like a story that was read over and over again, so much that I could memorize every word.

As usual, I woke up crying and decided to go downstairs. That's what I always did when I had one of those nightmares, I didn't want to wake up Hunter and didn't want to seem like a bother so I dealt with it myself. At least I tried to deal with it myself.

I didn't want Hunter to know about what happens every night, I didn't want him to know that the breakfast I made him in mornings, the ones that I woke up early to make were because I just didn't sleep at all and needed something to take my mind off things. I didn't want him to see me crying because I didn't want his pity.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Jordan being in the hospital was somehow connected to me. It was just too much of a coincidence that he would get hurt after I started hanging out with and after Adam came back. Maybe I just brought bad luck with me everywhere.

The weight on my stomach shifted and Hunter started to wake up. Slowly, he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Good morning, my koala."

My eyebrows knitted together and I let out a small laugh, "A koala? Your nickname game is getting weak."

Hunter gasped in mock offense, "I beg to differ!"