Chapter 34 - I Love Him

Happy Easter everyone!

Here's a new chapter hope you enjoy :)

Chasing after the PA was ranked #366 in romance a day ago which I was kinda freaking out about but I'd just like to thank everyone for all your support.

As always, comment, vote and share and I'll see you later :)

Song- Chainsmokers ft. Louane, It Won't Kill Ya

~Jessica

"That does it," said Jace. "I'm going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year."

"Why?" Isabelle said.

"So you can look up 'fun.' I'm not sure you know what it means."

― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

*****************************

"Ms. Flores, do you really think that this is a good idea considering that allegations of you cheating has come out recently?" Bill hesitantly got out of the car with me.

"We're all human Bill and the world is ours to enjoy. Eleanor Roosevelt said it the best, the purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience at the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." I smiled as a gush of cool air blew into my face. "If I were to let these false accusations stop me from doing things, then I'd only be feeding into the ones who want to ruin me."

"Mr. Blackthorne will not be happy about this," Bill said.

"Why? Because I'm not protected? I have you with me, I'll be fine."

He sighed, "Let's just keep this between us, alright?"

I nodded, "No worries, these lips are sealed."

I noticed the small smile appear at his lips and my heart tensed up. He was excited and I couldn't help but see him as a little kid. He seemed to be so enthralled by al the flashing lights and rides.

"It's been so long since I've gone to a carnival, let alone a park."

I bounced on my toes, "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's have some fun!"

Walking through the entrance, I was hit with the scent of fast food, cotton candy and popcorn. With the weather getting warmer, the dress I was wearing allowed my legs to get some fresh air, something they hadn't been able to receive for a few months. The laughter coming from each direction engulfed me in a joyful hug and I felt myself loosening up.

I looked at Bill who was standing right beside me, observing the area. His eyes were squinted, something that he did when he was looking for any threats.

I poked his cheek and he looked down at me with a worried look, "Is something wrong Ms. Flores?"

"Yes, you are."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Come on Bill. We're here to have some fun, loosen up a bit." I saw a popcorn machine and grabbed Bill's hand, dragging him over. "Do you like popcorn?"

He shrugged and I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sure." He huffed and I just giggled before handing the vendor some money and grabbing a bag of the buttery goodness.

I passed it over to Bill as a sign for him to have some but he only closed the bag and held it as we started walking again.

"I didn't give that bag to you so you would hold it, have some. I'm sure it won't mess up whatever diet you're on to keep in shape."