Chapter 47 - Don't Believe Everything You See

Hello beautiful people! Welcome back to another chapter!!!!

We just hit 200K reads and over 8K votes on this story, so thank you so much for all the support! <3 <3 <3

I am so thankful for everyone one of you who have taken the time to vote, comment and just read my story. OML I'm actually tearing up while writing this. Never in my life had I ever thought that I'd reach this milestone :') It's so surreal knowing that there's actual real life people who read what I write, and I just- AHHHHHHH.

Okay, I'm just going to stop rambling before I get out of control and you click off of this chapter lol.

As always, I hope you enjoy and I'll see you guys at the end :)))

Song - Andy Grammer, Honey, I'm Good

~Jessica

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

-William Shakespeare

******************

+Payton's POV+

My pasta was getting cold.

I know that I had promised Adam that I would try to eat more, but I just couldn't.

I felt sick from being so hungry, but I knew that I couldn't keep the food down anyways.

"Cooper's been asking to come," Gideon said stabbing at his meal.

"It's still a no," Adam answered. "He can fuck off."

"Cooper Moore?" I asked.

Adam turned to look at me, "Yeah. How do you know him?"

"I broke up his marriage," I said, pushing around my food. "He was cheating on his wife."

A loud sigh came from Adam, "He's definitely not coming around then. I don't want him near you at all." He ran his fingers through his hair. "He probably has a lot of hate towards you and I'm not risking it."

Why would Mr. Moore want to see me? Better yet, how did he even know about me being here?

I knew that he was against me for messing with his relationship but would he really go as far as to not disclosing my location?

I guess desperation could really make someone crazy after all, the most desperate people had nothing left to lose.

"I was thinking that we should go ring shopping tomorrow," Adam said suddenly. "It looks as if the other ring I bought you wasn't up to your standards but that was my mistake; my baby deserves the best."

"You're letting him win."

"Once we get married, they will never be able to tear us apart anymore," Adam continued.

"You're losing your faith... Don't give up just yet."

I played with the charms of my bracelet.

"We can have a family, and move wherever you want. We'll be great parents."

"Hold on Payton, just keep it together," Hunter whispered, pulling me back onto him. He pressed his lips onto my forehead. "Hold on with me."

"Payton, are you even listening?"

"I love you to the moon and back"

"Damn it Payton! Answer me!" He pounded his fist on the table, making the plates jump.

I snapped. "That'll never happen," I said, fear clear in my voice. I looked him directly in the eyes. "We're never getting married."

Adam quickly got up from his seat in a fit of rage, the chair fell back with a large thud. He walked over to me, and I backed away. "What did you say?"