Chapter 51 - The Prince Charming To My Cinderella

OH MY GODDDDDDDD....

I actually feel like I'm going to cry right now.

This is officially the last chapter of Chasing after the PA!

Well... there is going to be an epilogue, but technically, it all ends here.

It's been a wild ride, and I couldn't have made it without you guys, so thank you so much! <3

I know that I ended of with a cliffhanger and some of you may not want to read this chapter to know the outcome, but I promise that you guys won't be disappointed.

JUST READ UNTIL THE END :)

In addition, as I mentioned in the author's note before this chapter, I'M DOING A Q AND A!!!!!!! So leave you questions in the comments, and I'll be sure to answer them all after the epilogue is out! <3

Other than that, I know you guys have been anticipating this chapter, so I'll let you guys read now :)

Remember to comment, and vote; thank you all so much for the support, and I'll see you at the end of the chapter <3

Song - Sam Smith, Too Good At Goodbyes

~Jessica

"There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story."

-Frank Herbert

**************

+Payton's POV+

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.

They lied.

It was nothingness; you don't see anything, you don't feel anything, and you can't do anything. It felt so free, yet so entrapped all at once.

By now, I should have been accustomed to the idea of dying; after all, a part of me already had the night that my parents passed. Another part of me died when Adam became who he was, and another died when I lost Hunter. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that I was only a hollow shell with borrowed time in this world.

I was already one foot in death's door.

To be completely honest, I wasn't scared. It felt... Peaceful. I spent a long time thinking about it after my parents died. I wondered where they were, and how they felt. Well, now I knew.

I didn't know what lied ahead of me, but for the first time in my entire life, I didn't worry about it.

I felt like I was floating; my body was weightless. I smiled.

Suddenly, I heard it. I heard him to be specific.

At first, it was almost inaudible. But it got louder.

Someone was calling out my name frantically. I tried to ignore it, but it just got louder and louder.

"Payton."

"Payton!"

"PAYTON!"

I could suddenly see again, and I was back at the beach. Hunter was looking down at me; fear captivated in his eyes.

"Hunter?" I asked, what was he doing here?

I sat up and looked around. I was definitely back at the beach, but it looked brighter this time. Everything was so bright that it was almost blinding.

I squinted my eyes, "What happened?" I thought that I was dead.

"I pulled you out from the ocean," Hunter sighed in relief before quickly pulling me into his chest. "Oh thank God, you're awake!"