Chapter 40 - Dishonest Lies

Hello everyone! Yes! I am back after forever. It's finally summer break (yasss) So I can finally sit down and take all the time I need to write. I'm planning on finishing this story before I start school again, because things will be picking up next year. (I'm pretty vague on my personal life... But y'know... you guys could always ask me in the Q and A at the end of the story ;))

Anyway, enjoy this chapter, and I'll see you at the end of it :)

And... I'm sorry in advance for this chapter....

Ignore any typos :)

Song- Junge Junge, I Don't Love You (I'm Just Lonely)

~Jessica

"A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent."

-William Blake

****************

"Are you sure I look fine?" I poked and prodded at my face while looking at my reflection in the computer screen.

"You look absolutely stunning," Jordan reassured.

For about the past hour or so, I had locked Jordan and I in my office while I got ready for my dinner at Hunter's parents' place.

"I just need everything to be perfect for tonight," I said restlessly, walking over to the full length mirror set up in the corner of the room. "I don't look fat in this dress, right?"

I heard a large sigh as Jordan placed both hands on my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye. "Payton, I'd go straight for you. Is that enough to assure you that you look absolutely gorgeous?"

"You better stay gay," A muffled voice came from the other side of the door. "She's mine."

I giggled and Jordan looked towards the door nervously. "Yes sir."

"That better be the truth, or else I'm firing you."

"He doesn't mean that," I whispered to Jordan.

"Oh, I definitely mean that."

"No one is firing anyone," I said. "Hunter, leave Jordan alone."

I could sense the pout on his face as he spoke again, "I find it unfair that you're allowing him to decide how good you look."

"And I find it unfair that you won't even give him a chance," I said back. "So I guess we're even."

Opening the door, I walked out to reveal myself.

Hunter's jaw dropped. "You look absolutely stunning."

I was wearing a simple white dress that was cinched at the waist and had a floral design on it which was paired with a pair of nude flats. My hair was tied up into a sleek ponytail and I decided on a winged liner and red lips.

Jordan stood beside me, looking quite proud of his outfit choice for me.

"You don't think that it's a bit too much, do you?" I questioned.

"You can never be overdressed, only underdressed," Hunter answered. "Anyway, I think you look just perfect for the occasion."

"See, I told you. You look beautiful."

I smiled at Jordan as Hunter sent him a small glare.

"Thank you Jordan," I said. "Your taste in fashion is impeccable."

Jordan, who was wearing a light pink suit and had his hair slicked back winked at me. "I know."

"Alright, let's not inflate his ego that much," Hunter grumbled.