Chapter 9 - We Date

Hey guys! I'm back with another chapter! Just to clear things up, this story is NOT meant to be realistic. I don't In any way think that this would ever happen in real life but who knows? Anyways, I'd like to thank you for over 300 reads! *Starts twerking* This is awesome, I can't thank you enough<3 

Anywho, I decided to put out this chapter a bit earlier than usual as a thank you. (Also because I finally got my shit together yay me!) So I hope you enjoy, vote and comment and I'll see you guys at the end of the chapter.

I Also found someone to play Payton in the story. I thought that Antonia Iacobescu would be perfect. (The girl in the gif) But you can always picture Payton as someone else if you want.

~Jessica

"Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

― Ziad K. Abdelnour

---------------------------------

It had been a few days since I had that encounter with Adam and he hasn't tried to contact me since.

Things have actually been pretty normal lately despite the fact that I now had two bodyguards with me most of the time. I couldn't believe that after all these years, the same two men who helped me cope with my parents' death were here assisting me again.

Apparently when Hunter called and asked for a bodyguard to protect a certain 'Payton Flores' Beckett and Gonzalez both offered to come to my aid which neither one would back down on. They had both retired from being a police officer and became a bodyguard three years after they worked on my case.

Although Gonzalez was my Godfather, I did lose contact with him after my relationship with Adam spiraled downhill and was too ashamed to try and reach him after I had escaped. Beckett was also like a second father to me. After my parents died that night, Beckett and I slowly got to know one another and Gonzalez and him would always take me to amusement parks when they were off work.

The three of us hung out a lot but after Adam became more and more possessive, he slowly started diminishing my connections with the outside world. He would always tell me that it was because he loved me and he didn't want to share me with anyone else and I had always thought that he was being genuine.

I loved him too much to the point where in the process of loving him, I forgot to love myself. I lost me, because I was so compelled to finding him.

He was an ass. He made me fall for him and he wasn't there to catch me. But worst of all, he made me trust him. He made me think that he wasn't like the others and you know what? He was right. He's not like the others, he was worse.

*****

I had just come home from work- Well, it more like I was escorted out by two bodyguards, driven home by Bill (Hunter insisted), then escorted to my door while receiving confused looks by every passerby. It had been about a week since I have been working for Hunter. Things between us have been on the professional side and he never brought up that night.

Becca had been taking care of me a lot more lately. She cursed when I told her about Adam and promised that if he ever came near me, he would be getting a lot more than just a kick in the nuts.

I had just slumped my body onto the couch when Becca came rushing in holding a magazine. "Payton! Come see this!" She shouted her red bangs of her pixie cut bouncing wildly on her forehead as she ran over to me. Even Beckett and Gonzalez peeked out from the kitchen where they spent most of their time when they were here.

"What is it?" I groaned tired from a long day at work.

"You're on the cover of a magazine!" She exclaimed flinging the magazine over to me almost giving me a paper cut.