Chapter 31 - Unofficially Meeting The Parents

Kept you guys waiting didn't I?

Well, I'm back from my little hiatus. I'm sorry that I haven't been updating for the past month or so. I was on a pretty good update schedule and i'm kind of mad that I ruined it but I'm hoping that things can go back to normal again.

I've been working on a lot of school-related work for the past month and that took up most of my time. But I'm now on spring break :) So I'll try to make a few updates to make up for the lack of them.

Anyway, I'll keep this note short so that you guys can read this new chapter. As always, I hope you enjoy, thank you so much for all your support on this story, and I'll see you guys at the end of this chapter :))))

Song - Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne, Rather Be

~Jessica

"When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are."
― Donald Miller,

*****************************************************

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing.

It was the day of Elie's wedding and I had to get ready.

I looked to my side as if I thought that Hunter would be laying beside me but it was empty; just like it was yesterday and the day before.

That was strange, I could have sworn that I heard and felt someone come into my room last night as I was falling asleep.

I sighed, some things were just too good to be true. Of course Hunter wouldn't be in my room, why would he be?

Groggily, I got up and dragged my body towards closet to find my outfit.

When I opened the door, I saw a rectangular box laying on the ground with a note on it. I reached for the note.

Payton,

I had a feeling that you were in need of an outfit to the wedding so I got Erica to find something for you.

I hope you like the colour.

Hunter. X

I opened the box and saw navy blue coloured fabric poke out. As I laid the dress out on the carpet and got a good look at it, I felt my mouth part slightly and my eyes widened.

The dress was long sleeved and was cinched at the waist. The neckline wasn't deep but it would perfectly allow the necklace from Hunter that I always wore to show.

Once I tried it on, I noticed that the dress went all the way down to my ankles. Usually, I wouldn't like to wear those kind of dresses but since it was pretty cold outside, I wasn't complaining.

I decided to pair the dress with a pair of nude heels and braided my hair into a fishtail.

I made my way downstairs where I smelt coffee coming from the kitchen.

I saw Hunter sitting in the living room, sipping a cup of coffee and on his phone reading something. I didn't know if he noticed me or not but he didn't make any move to look up. He was already in a suit which I noticed was the same navy blue colour as my dress.

I smiled a little. Of course he'd get something matching.

As I poured myself a cup of coffee I felt someone come up behind me.

"You like the dress?"

I placed the coffee pot down and turned around with a small smile. "Yeah, its really pretty. Thanks."